What do I do about hating myself?

when I was younger I used to hate myself for being different. I got over that a long time ago and learned to embrace my differences and I was fine. I even started to love myself.
And now all the sudden I hate myself again. I don't know where this came from. Just suddenly I wish I was different again. And it feels different from the last time I felt this. It feels like I hate myself even more now. How do I get rid of these feelings

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow i'm really sorry, that's horrible :'(

I think the best advice probably is to get help from a professional. Talk to your doctor if you can, or if there's a counsellor who you can go to, that would be a good idea.

Asking for help is the best thing you can do for yourself. You don't deserve to feel this way , you shouldn't have to: there are people who will want to help you to feel better. Talking to some on you're close to, a friend or family member who you trust; even though I know that might be hard and you'll have to be brave; could make it a little easier just on it's own, because it's always better not having to go through feeling like this alone. You are loved; nobody wants you to have to go through hating yourself

I don't know your life of course, I don't know what it is that's making you hate yourself. But I know it must hurt really badly, and you shouldn't have to deal with that.

Wishing you were different is something everyone goes through to some degree, but when it's causing you so much pain, that's something you need to reach out to someone about.

If there are things you hate that you can change about yourself, you can focus on working on those. Having support to make sure you're doing it in a healthy way is important though

If you can't change the thing you hate about yourself, then they aren't worth hating. It will be tough, but you need to learn to accept those things, and be kind to yourself.

Take care of yourself; make sure you're looking after your body; getting enough rest, eating healthy foods etc.- just little things like that are significant.

Treat yourself with the respect you'd show other people; because you're worth just as much as they are. If you catch yourself thinking horrible things about yourself that you wouldn't say to other people, it's not alright to tell them to yourself either.

I'm really sorry that you feel this way. It isn't your fault, and you will get through it; you won't be hurting like this forever. Hold on, and please let the people in your life support you. Carrying on when you hate yourself is really hard, but you've got this. Don't give up <3

What Girls Said 1

• You need to do more things you like to do!

What Guys Said 1

• Don't sweat it man everyone goes through depression you just gotta give it time