Have you ever been "childzoned"?

I've been there so many times XDD
It's so frustrating but oh well... I'll be legal soon lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but not so much in a romantic/sexual sense (that also happened once but it wasn't too bad). In my case, I was child-zoned really badly by my school... or actually, by society.
    When I was 18, I lived in the US for one year as an exchange student. While there were many things I loved, there was one thing I absolutely hated (and I still believe it's a very bad aspect of US culture): I was constantly treated like a child. This was especially the case for my time at school. I come from Switzerland and I was used to being treated like a young adult. In high schools here, students and teachers have a rather different relationship. Students have much more responsibilities and school is generally tougher. But on the bright side, we also get treated more like adults. The whole thing works more like college in America. It's your responsibility to do your homework regularly, study for exams or go to your classes. Nobody will be there to play your school-mommy and make sure everything gets done. If you fuck up, it's your problem and teachers don't really care. But this also gives you a lot of freedom. So when I came to America and went to high school there, I was shocked how students were babied all the time. I couldn't even go to the bathroom without asking my teacher and getting a hall pass (at age 18!). That felt really humiliating. I really wonder how American kids go through this for their whole high school time. Also, one time I wanted to go out during lunch break and buy my lunch from a nearby store. That's what I did a lot with my friends in Switzerland. However, a teacher yelled at me and told me that we're not allowed to leave the school during lunch break. So it was basically like a prison. The only reason was apparently that I might lie to him and just go home. I thought that was really stupid. Another example would be that they blocked the internet on the school computers in the library so we could only access certain websites.
    As I said, there's lots of things I love about American culture but I think this is something really sad... I feel bad for American teenagers. You constantly get treated as though you were 10 years old or as though you were a complete idiot or something like that. There's so much over-protectiveness and a lack of trust. Cuz American kids and teenagers are not stupid and if teachers and parents would only give them more freedom, they would see them flourish and actually behave more mature. So this is how I felt child-zoned ;-).

• Americans are much more likely than Europeans to wield the legal system as an offensive weapon. Hence the starker differences.

Most Helpful Girl

• I fucked grown up guys even when I was 15, but I didn't look like 15.
    When I say "grown up" I mean the oldest ones are in their mid 20s.

What Guys Said 29

• Dude... I tried going for a 24 year old when I was 16 😂😂😂

She said I was "handsome" and that was pretty much it 😂😒

So I guess you could say I got child zoned.

• some months ago I tried to flirt sooo heavily with this guy, he was like 25.. he was super hot and he told me I was too young for him... duuuuude, it killed me deep inside XD

• That's not normal 😂😂😂 being in late 20s and getting with a 16 year old?

Naahhhh 😒

• you would be surprised by the amount of dudes that think that is okay hahaha

• haha, no, it never happened to me and I suppose that at my age it won't ever happen unless I wanna date a 50 year old xD

• "childzoned" is a word I never heard used much! But then again I wasn't a teen that was trying to all overly grown! ;-)

• Childzoned? You mean rejected because you are under age? I don't think I have, no. But then again, I'm not sure I've reached out to an older woman for a relationship when I was younger - at least I don't currently recall. That doesn't mean I didn't want one, because I probably did. However, I have been rejected for being too young for a person - not necessarily underage, though. In fact, I was well above age.

• Why is that a bad thing? You want older men to treat you like an adult?

• like a dateable person, that's it lol

• Yeah just relax and enjoy the time you have in life. You have any years ahead of you :)

• Nope, but I have childzoned. muahahah :P

• More like the opposite. When I was underage 3 gay man were hitting on me quite directly as well as several 30+ women. Creepy shit there. Gonna deal with my PTSD now.

• That sucks! I've met several girls under that age of consent that I wanted so bad who wanted me back, but...

• Wow! You must really enjoy the judgments and e finger wagging by the internet moral police and prude patrol, with a question like this :P
    And nope i was too busy working overtime at the old tug factory at 16 to worry about much lol

• Fuck someone your own age, you'll get dudes arrested.

Scratch that, you're in Mexico, you've been legal for 4 years now. :D

Still, some guys just won't fuck an under 18 for moral reasons, you're just gonna have to wait.

• There's no law against minors and adults dating, they just can't have sex, so whoever Childzoned you is an idiot

• Not for 2 years missy! 😜 😂

• 😢 it's the worst

• Yea. By your bell girl 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😏😏😏😏😏👌👌👌👌👌 lmao.

• Yep, several years ago, I hate that, I would never childzone other people.

• yeah when I was 14 but actually not. she wanted sex with me but I didn't get a boner cause her ass too fat (not in the bedroom she just was jumping on me for fun and tought I would get horny af).

• Yes, and if you liked me I would do the same to you too since I am not going towards prison for risking it being with you. Good luck though with your relationships anyway.

• :( I know the feeling

• You are legal in my state :P Ha. Depends on if you look young for your age, because everyone is different. you're not alone in this aspect too. It's hard for me to get girls because many think I look a lot younger too

• eh no, never lol

• I've child zoned a few people.

• I know. It's a shame. But alas, that's part of our society, I guess.

• Yeah, all the time when I was a youngin.

• why you wanna be 18 so bad?

17 is the best age ever like holy fuck

• ENJOY it while you can... trust me

• Me 🙋
    Me 🙋
    Me 🙋

• A lot, because I was taught to enjoy being young as long as I can; then to grow up when I disagree with someone older than me.

• no adults have been taking my opinion seriously since i was about 13. I've always been really good at math though so i can predict the future in a sense.

• In the u. s. you are legal.

• LMFAO, at first i thought this was about a woman having kids and trying to date... then I read the rest, lol.

Don't worry, legal dating is around the corner, lol

What Girls Said 11

• I've childzoned a lot of younger guys in my high school days "16 year old brother of my friend, lol, I'm a senior, childzoned!"

In my life, I've talked to very few older guys, and pretty much all of them treated me like a daughter (which is respectful, and I didn't complain)

I've also been mom-zoned! @OrdinaryGentleman

• Yup back in the old days!

• I am legal and I still get "childzoned" sometimes god damn it xD
    blame it on my baby face man... to many 18 year olds hitting on me in bars :/

• No but I have childzoned some people before wups :p

• I think not enough people are "childzoned" on this site honestly lol

• No. The thought of dating didn't cross my mind until college.

• On the prowl for older men are we?

• No. People always thought I was "beyond my age".

• It has happened once.

• The courts and social workers child zoned me when they found out I was dating a thirty year old but they fucked off once we got married.

• Yes, I think? When I was 15 and 16, the guy I liked said no to dating because I was too young. He was 17, and the other was 18.