Experiences getting your dog neutered?

So i'm planning on taking my youngest dog to get neutered, I don't want to hear why I shouldn't. If any of you have had experience bringing your pet and bringing them home post neutering did they act any different? Anger? When did they return back to their normal playful self? One of my mates neutered their dog when he was 2, and after he became really aggressive and barked a lot. My first dog I wasn't there when he got neutered, so I guess I just want to know what I'm in for.

Most Helpful Guy

• I got my dog neutered when I adopted him @ 1 year old. He was out of it for about 2 days, whimpering and just wanted to sit on my lap. They get back to normal and playful in no time tho, no worries! :) He'll "mark his territory" much less often too.

• Aw okay, I think i'm just gonna take a couple days off work! He's about 1.5 and I was scared that was going to be too old, but I think he'll be okay. Thank you!

• That'll be great, you can be there for him and make sure he doesn't pick at the stiches too. 1.5 is not too old IDT.

What Guys Said 4

• I ♠️my dog and he was just as happy afterward. When I ♣️ my wife, she's not!

• Nope I didn't notice any changes. I am wondering if that dog was just too old. I got mine done in his first year. How are your dog's btw?

• Hmm I'm not sure he's about 1.5 right now! Theyre great but I can't stand his discharge

• Lop I bet! Its better to get them neutered I was always told.

• No, They dont get angry. Quite the opposite actually, They might lose a lot of their former zest and some become more of a layabout. But most likely you won't notice any major differences.

• It's understandable for a dog to be angry etc... after being neutered but he will get back to normal after a few days.

What Girls Said 3

• No I don't have a dog!

• I got my dog neutered and he just felt awful for like 4 days. Did nothing but just lie on his bed with the saddest look on his face. I felt so bad. I wanted to hug him all day but I could tell he didn't want to be touched or bothered in any way. Definitely didn't try to hump me as much after that and was more docile.

• Why do you want him to get neutered? I'm just curious. I don't have a dog by the way.

• Because I don't want him to get any other dog pregnant, apparently he will be less prone to diseases/cancer and to be honest he always has a bit of discharge (cum) on the end of his penis and its constantly getting on my clothes that you can see and my bed it leaves like yellowy marks its disgusting.

• Oh wow. I never knew dogs had discharge 😖 I think you should definitely get him neutered.