How good is your singing voice from a scale of 1 to 10?

Most Helpful Girl

• 7, I'm really good at certain songs and mediocre at others.

• What songs are you good at singing?

• I'm good at opera in general.
      I can sing Adele songs and songs with that kind of rich tone to to it.

Then there is stuff that's like Michael Buble where the singer has an extremely clear voice which I cannot manage to do without totally having the pitch fall flat. Don't know, vibrato keeps my voice alive I guess.

• That is good because singing opera is tough and those notes are high notes and high pitched. And Adele has very nice songs and hits to sing to.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't wanna sound cocky but I'd give myself about a 9. I have attended a high school that specially focused on music and art, so we had a lot of musical training, both practical and theoretical. It was also mandatory to learn/play an instrument and take weekly lessons. About 3 times a year we had special singing exams where we had to go into our music teacher's room (one person at a time) and sing while he was accompanying us on the piano (he chose the songs). After the performance, he would give us a grade. In my case, my teacher had always loved my voice a lot and bugged me to take extra vocal lessons to improve my singing skills (especially in terms of classical music). Finally, I decided to give it a shot and so I took one-on-one vocal lessons with my music teacher always on Tuesdays during lunch break when my friends were sitting in the cafeteria ;-). It was a lot of work but it was also fun. And I did improve my skills quite a lot. Cuz having a beautiful voice is one thing, actually being able to sing well is another. In my case, I have very much a classical voice (not a pop-voice), so I mostly sang Schubert and Bach and stuff like that. My big role model was Andrea Bocelli because I'm almost blind too. I still like his music a lot. My music teacher later suggested me to attend the conservatory (music university) but it wasn't really my thing. I still love singing but more like a hobby. I don't wanna do it 8 hours a day. So I decided to study something pretty different.

• That is good that you have a nice singing voice. Yeah 8 hours of training is a lot of work.

What Girls Said 22

• Uhh, probably like a 3 :( I suck at singing. So jelly of talented people.

• If 5 is carry a tune-then I'm 6.5, thank you Christina for helping me belt it out and add some flavor in my singing!

• Do you mean christina the singer?

• Yasss, I sang stripped when it first came out. I would jam on my gray cd player like there was no tomorrow. She was less insane (OOoooAHHHHWHOOOheeeee vocally) back then.

• Lol she had some good songs and hits.

• 3 llol I
    m usually horrible, but I can sing some songs and sound descent, and I know how to imitate Shakira's voice :p

• 12.

As in, I sound like a 12-year-old boy. Who is also a chain smoker.

• It can't be that bad.

• You're right, it's actually worse. No, really, dude, it's bad. Spazzy nerd voice, low alto, almost into the tenor register, because #tallgirlproblems. It's baaaadd.

Luckily, I kinda like it if my husband shuts me off with a swift dick to the throat. (: That works out pretty darn well for both of us.

• Lol that works. 😎

• you guys tell me XD

• Maybe a 7.

• 7 maybe? I still struggle with high notes and I can't really sing some low notes because my voice is already pretty low. There'a a lot to work on

• Around 5 maybe? But it goes up to 10 when I'm drunk! LOL! :)

• I would saynine because its sounds amazing and I can hear if I'm on pitch because I'm a band geek and u learn to know if something is the correct pitch

• I would say it's a 5. I think I'm not bad, but I'm not as good as I would like to be.

• Perhaps a 7-8

• A strong 2/3 hahah 🙄😂

• I would give me an 8/10

• That is cool and very impressive. You must have a nice singing voice.

• Im telling you this from experience, learning piano makes learning every other instrument SO much easier!

• @mntwins66 totally true, my music teacher told us that once I don't know why i decided to play guitar first but i love it, gonna be honest it was hard

• It's probably a 6 I guess

• I wanna say I'm pretty decent... whatever that equals on a 1-10 scale

• Mine is a -1000 out of 10

• Like a 3-4/10 probably

• I'm like a -10000

• I like to think i'm at least an 8 because I go to college for music

• That is very good and very impressive.

• well it's community college so it doesn't count that much xD

• It counts because your still learning music. And Im pretty sure you must have good proffesors. a lot of the community college proffesors teach at universities. The ones in my area do.

• I would say a -3 if it was an option. I'm not good at singing but that doesn't mean I won't, haha.

• It's about a seven. I'd rather play instruments than sing, though.

• 5? I don't know i dont think i sound very good :'(

• I bet you have a nice voice

• lol well sure you sound ok if you can get the right pitch or not but that doesn't mean they sound good

• Yeah I guess that's true

What Guys Said 20

• So I'll interpret this question differently.

You said singing voice (which is different from singing skill). I would say I have a rather great singing voice (which is pretty pre-determined and everyone has their own unique sounding voice when singing).

I'd say my voice suit some genres much better than others. I haven't quite figured out specific ones yet. More of Indie, rock, light grunge, pop, acoustic songs. I can definitely not sing classical and those really clear songs because my vocal cords have been altered too much from screaming and coughing during childhood.

I'd give it an 8 at the moment. Potential could be 9.25 - 9.7 if I can get a proper coach.

Singing skill would be dependant on the genre and discipline of the singing 😂 I'd say 6 - 7 overall.

• I am a 10 (minus 10) - I am so bad my brain has given me a psychological block about remembering the lyrics of songs - Even my mind can stand to hear me sing.

• Lol I think it has to be better then a -10. But yes some song lyrics are hard to sing and remember.

• 5, mayyyybe 6 depending on the song and if it fits my range. I'm pretty straight-average when it comes to singing.

• I would give myself a 10.😎
    okay, jokes apart 9.
    wait!! did you just say, singing voice? an 8 then, definitely an 8... sorry for the confusion.

Tbh, it's 7. Hold it, i am holding on to it... not going down anymore. no... an 8. yeah, final answer... an 8. **** 😂

• Let's go with a 6 on a good day :P

• I can sing cadence pretty well.

• My chest voice is a solid 7-8 but I'd say my head voice is only a 5, maybe a 6 as I've only recently begun to develop it.

• 8-9. Three octave tenor, and 11 years of lessons. There are some things I could still work on (my low register kinda sucks) but I still consider myself quite good.

• I would say an 8 or 9. I made it into State Honor Choir two years in a row. It was a great experience!

• I'd give myself like a 7.

• Like 2, maybe. I can sing Aerosmith or AC/DC songs but thats about it.

• I suppose zero would be too low? 🤐

• 6. I've been working on it

• 1.3758 that's about right

• 9... I used to be in a 'Boy Band' around 1998-1999 aaaaaaaand I think I've said too much :v

• Lol their is nothing wrong with boy bands. That is cool that you was part of one.

• 7.6/10, Thats what she said (LoL)

• A 5 at most.

• Like a 2. I break glass some times :D

• I can bassicaly auto tune my voice to sound. Like any thing without auto tune

• .05 but in my own reality a 9.8