Are there some professions that turn you off on the opposite gender?

For me it's anything sex related or illegal.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well illegal stuff isn't an actual "profession". Sex related stuff of course can be.

I think as far as sex related stuff it depends on what we are talking about. Obviously prostitution is legal in some parts of the world and it's for sure not a turn on for me, and now that I've thought about it I guess it could be a turn off.

However, one could say modeling is sex related too. I mean after all their body has to look good and they have to sexually sell the product often times. "Look at how good it looks on me. You want to buy it so it can look good on you and impress someone." That's sex related, and not really a turn off for me. In fact I'm very attracted to fits girls who model.

Outside of that? Hmmm. I'd say maybe construction worker? I mean it doesn't sound to hot to me lol.

Maybe a plastic surgeon?

• This is a tough question.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like politicians, CEO's, or anyone else who typically rides in the back seat of a limo.

I HATE studio executives. Oh my god how I hate them. They are all the same, every fuckin' last one of them. And I'm not a person who says such things easily.

__

In terms of my fellow ladies...
    Is it just me, or, is everyone who works in employee benefits a 300lb land whale? Like, is there a secret employee-benefits buffet, with nothing but soda, icecream and lard? LOL

What Guys Said 14

• Any profession that involves her selling her body, fighting, law, and STEM with the exception of teaching related fields and nursing.

This is not absolute, there's just a major hurdle to overcome before I approach a woman in these fields. I'd melt for an artistic, simple girl that's borderline hipster without the tude.

• Interesting, you're the 2nd guy to mention Law, but what's the turn off of being a lawyer, just curious?

• I see, thanks for elucidating.

• Pretty much the same as you. If she's selling her body, that's a TOTAL deal-breaker. Like, no questions asked, don't care, it's not happening between us.

Illegal professionals are also unacceptable.

Lastly, I don't want to date a person who works for big tobacco. This is a personal preference that may or may not be rooted in logic.

• Accountant usually. And i graduated in accounting so that's why lol.
    And stripping/sordid professions, just not girlfriend material then.

• Journalist or blogger, which is ironic since I myself am majoring in English. Perhaps it is just a stereotype, but to me the problem with them is that almost all female journalists and bloggers I've met are the angry, ultra "progressive" feminist types who like to imagine that they're living the "Sex and the City" lifestyle when in reality they're just disgruntled that they cannot find a man.

• Nothing really...

• Prostitute, stripper, model, pornstar, actress, politician, cop, blogger, and maybe lawyer.

• Why Lawyer?

• I'ma add to this cause i'm too lazy to make my own post, all this and Social worker, fast-food worker , Hair stylist, model, wait he said model, okay Teacher, Accountant. Maybe even a singer too

• No waitresses either

• What you said and that's about it. Maybe something that requires a lot of traveling because what's the point of dating someone you'll almost never see

• no waitresses

• Oh so many...

• Anything to do with money and profits beyond charity, anything that isn't there to serve humanity's development and the community beyond profit.

• Eh, please no early education or psychology.

• if she was a child sex trafficker I'd definitely be hesitant, but other than that anything's game

• Hi jenifer

• Cops, finance, real estate, high pressure sales.

• Corporate lawyer

• Women who aren't strippers

What Girls Said 9

• Kind of. Anything related to killing animals.

• huh? I don't understand this question!

• I don't like guys who do manual labour very much because it doesn't pay very much and might lead to premature aging in the guy.

• Anything I perceive as morally wrong, politician, things that travel a lot, bartender, professional athlete

• Professional hitman
    Drug dealer
    Gay prostitute

• A strip club bouncer.

• LOL but i've been a strip club bouncer. whats wrong it maine..

• drug dealer... porn star.. plumber... I don't know I'm attracted to people who are educated and have good careers. if someone was planning on working at burger king for the rest of their life that would turn me off.

• Being a drug dealer, gigolo, gang member, hitman, stripper.. etc

• Cops and drug dealers.

No idea why, but both kinds ask me out more than other guys and both are usually overaggressive, controlling macho stereotypes. 😩