Should I wait for the right person or should I just go for it?

So, I'm 17 and haven't had my first kiss yet and it doesn't bother me that I'm 17 and still haven't done anything. I always thought that it should be with my first boyfriend or someone special but now I'm starting to think that it's not that important (it's not like I'm going to lose my virginity) and that I should just go for it at a party or something. Sometimes I go to the club and guys try to kiss me but I hold myself back (even though I really want to kiss them) because I haven't had my first kiss yet and it's so frustrating.
I'm starting to consider just kissing someone already and getting it over with.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on you really. You wanted your first kiss to be meaningful, but you feel at this point in time that it's doesn't really hold as much value to you as it did. I mean if you don't have a person you are currently shooting to date, than just go for it the next time you have a chance, cuz you don't know when you are going to find a boyfriend. While I guess a first kiss would be a highlight in someone's life, and if someone asks about your first kiss it's not romantic, it's up to a certain point where you should drop the reservation. First kiss to some random guy, or never kissed anyone at 20, which one do you prefer. Not saying it would take until your 20 to find a boyfriend, but that is an example. Plus it would be nice to have some experience since you are coming in generally late compared to everyone else. But it is still up to you, keep your values if you really want to, but if it's not as important I don't think there is any reason hesitate. Not like in a "kiss the first person you can", but in the "when it seems like the best opportunity" way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop. You have values, you keep them.
    Make it a good story to tell the grandkids :-)

What Guys Said 2

• A first kiss is still special. You better know the person you are kissing with, who knows the guy did some nasty stuff the same last night and has swears in his mouth.

• Let it happen to you. You'll be so much happier when it does.

What Girls Said 1

• First I'm proud of your control ability. Second I guess society accept kiss than sex but be careful of Std. Third u can't hide in ur home and wait for right person and u shouldn't go for it.. all u do is go outside for YOU then u will attract the right one if he is right one