Who gets to decide to name streets?

Like main st or oak st?

Who gets to name them?

0|0
3|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Suburban developments are named by the developers, which explains why the names of the streets are usually organized around tacky, anodyne themes.
    I have a girlfriend whose son has a friend who lives on the corner of Diamond and Twinkle Courts. LOL

City streets are usually named by urban planning committees, or whatever the equivalent arm of city/state/county government happens to be called.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Residential streets are usually named by the developer. The developer will name the plat also, like Hawthorn Woods or whatever. The city or county will usually name the others. Sometimes the name just becomes whatever people call it. For example Hudson River Road, or Bingtown - Boomtown Road, Old Sawmill Road.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• The major I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a good question. I wondered that too. Probably city council and people like that. I just think street names Should be more original, come up with something new

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I believe it can be any of the following: Real Estate developers (after City review), City Planning dept, Mayor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever started them. Old old cities will have family names who named the street they lived on after themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • famous people, politicians and rich people i guess, here in england we have a theme for estates, like where i live we have an estate named after racecourses, an estate named after royal titles and an estate named after hospital ward names. And every town has a Victoria Road named after Queen Victoria.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do.
    Filler

0|0
    0|0