Logic or emotion?

Which one do you trust more while making decisions?

Which one actually makes decisions is beyond the breadth of this question.

• Logic. I like thinking things out
  • Emotions. I go with my gut
  • Other. Fuck you, I'm going beyond the breadth of this question

Most Helpful Girl

• This is going to be a lame answer but decisions often are subconscious since they are affected by our exepriences, emotions, biases and perceptions even when we aren't aware of it. So really, decision making is not inherently logical since, as humans, our emotions work in conjunction with our decision making processes. I voted C.

• This was exactly the comment I knew was coming when I wrote the second sentence in the question and the sentence after "other." Thank you for satisfying my expectations.

• This is only true in the case of split second decisions where you have no time to think about it

• @M_A_X
      No, it's pretty much true for all the decisions we make which, as I said before, often go subconscious so you're not even aware of ALL these things that influence your decision making, even something as little as the wording to a task will influence your choices regarding it. Emotions are integral to decision making processes and no amount of "thinking about it" will ever change that, it's just how the brain is designed. "we see that emotions, far from interfering with the making of rational decisions in everyday life, actually constitute the essential condition for them"
      work911.com/.../rationaldecisionmaking.htm
      thebrain.mcgill.ca/.../experience_bleu04.html

Most Helpful Guy

• Logic should almost always come first. The downside to this is, people usually get a lot more experience with emotional thinking, than with logic, because emotionally, you can learn the rules as you go along, whereas logic requires memorization of fallacies and a lot more work

What Girls Said 3

• I think the best decisions are the ones being made with your gut. Unfortunately, though, I'm often not bold enough to let emotions control my decisions.

• I am influenced so strongly by emotion.
    It can be bad lol.

• I prefer logic and reason.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm far too lazy to go with logic; my gut tends to give me better solutions.

Well, unless I'm programming, because then you have to think things through.

• Mainly logic, but sometimes feelings have to be considered too.

• you should never make a decision based on solely emotion or logic. the best decisions come from the middle

• depends on the situation

• I am increasingly able to reconcile the two. Logic may be brought into or even govern emotion. So too emotion may be considered in matters of logic.

• Definitely use more logic than emotion, although I use emotion as well.

A 70/30 split

• I am a positivist.

• I trust my instincts, I don't know if that counts as emotion.

• A combination of both, depends on the context whether which I'm more inclined towards.

• Logic. Emotions lie to you to get what they want. I'm a scientist. I appreciate facts and shit.

• Both, use logic to find your reasons. use emotion to fuck shit up.