Can professors be attracted to their students?

I always find them looking at me.

At first I thought it's probably just me. Especially since the female professors if anything seem to avoid me.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Well considering you have a man and a woman or you know the opposite, anything can happen.

What Guys Said 3

• As someone who has worked as a part time teacher I can confidently say yes. It is not at all difficult to find a student attractive, doing something about it on the other hand is not really a good idea.

• Do you often find yourself looking at the students when lecturing?

I often do wonder why they always lock eyes with me and not other students

• In the front rows.

I think I actually pay attention lol that might be it

• Well there you go.

• They are still human so yeah it's very much possible.

• Some yeah, but I've never had a professor that I thought was attracted to me or one of his/her students.

• You know, I suspect the females are attracted to some of the male students but they hide it more.

Like they're more discreet about it because they know people will say, 'aging lady trying to act cool.'

• Then they were good women with morals.

But I've met some women who somehow manage to give the boys higher grades and openly flirt with them.

Yech.

• I'm sure it happens, yeah.

What Girls Said 4

• It's possible. If you're young and pretty, men are going to look. I've had a few teachers/professors who thought of me as more than a student.

• Yes, it happens a lot. You hear about it more and more these days.

• Yeah but they also look over at everyone once in awhile to make sure they're not screwing off.

• Yeah of course they can.