How do you get rid off a nickname you've had since high school?

Most Helpful Guy

• You could start by not answering to that nickname. Tell people once to stop calling you that and ignore them if they do it again.

• Amd if they text me?

• If they call you that nickname still, say... "I dont give a crap, call me by my normal name first and then I'll listen to whatever the heck your saying"

-Or something along that line. Don't stop till they stop.

• say? lol... I mean text.

What Guys Said 7

• I love mine so I wouldn't know 😜

• I don't know what would be the translation but it means like lack of intelligence like pupmkin or something. And I'm actually a good student but i'm a absentminded person

• Well tell them to stop

• Although I was actually one of the top of the class. Everyone was always surprised, but like I said i was absent minded and a very distracted person so I was always asking at class necause i didn't pay attention (and because of my voice) that's how the nickname was born

• You change friends. Request friends to stop using it... or not get butthurt and embrace your name. Mine is Pilsberrydoughboy, it follows me even if i am not fat. I embrace it because i see people who call me by it as endearing.

• Mine has to be more with the dimbblonde stereotype. I feel embarrassed qhen my parents are around and they call me like that

• I always had good grades. But i'm a distractive person so i'm always asking or things like that. people get surprise about my grades. Anyway, that was in high school, and my high school friends keep calling me by that name

• I understand where you are coming from

• Do something stupid and get a new nickname 😂💁🏻

• Stop acknowledge it and pretend that name belongs to someone else. It'll go away in time.

• Move to a new town

• lol i used 2 be called mayo i went with it and i liked it. we all became great friends XD

• The hong kong pumpernickle king.

What Girls Said 1

• i don't know! but i would like to get rid of mine!!! its sound like nikki so I'm being called nikki minaj sometimes. would most likely be fine with it if i haven't heard it since 3rd grade. it get's really old. i mean i have many others that are equally as horrible ( people like to play around with my name since it's long and unique)