Am I saving too much?

I'm from the Philippines and I'm 18. I have an allowance of P700 per week just equivalent to like $15. And I save $10 from that 15 and just spend 5. I mean the amount is kinda big already for a student like me here in our country but is that too much to save? My mother said that I was overreacting because I don't even have a job yet and I limit myself too much and told me not to worry about saving that big. I just hate her mentality that way. So what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can never save enough. You should try to invest that money into something. The earlier you invest the more time your money can grow.

• I mean it sucks because my savings are regular and they barely give interest.

• exactly... Can you put the money in a CD or something that can give you more interest?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• No that's fine in my opinion. It's a good habit to get into. While you are living with your parents, it's a good time to save.

• Lol, you still take pocket money from your parents? Start selling pot or something man..

• I know people who make hundreds of millions per year...

• Yes you have far too much money. Send some my way.