Have you ever been bitten by a spider?

What kind of spider was it?
What happened?

I've been bitten by a few. Mostly those orb weaving garden spiders. It just leaves a bit of a red welt which lasts a day or so.
But the worst was when I got bitten by a red back spider. I didn't have to go to hospital but I remember losing my appetite and the bite really itched but it was like a burning painful sort of itch.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't confirm, but a doctor thinks I was bitten by a Brown Recluse. Some seedy ass motel in Cooperstown when I went to the Baseball Hall of Fame when I was a kid. Realized I had a legit hole in me, just a cavity behind my armpit. Doc said it was probably a Brown Recluse because of the way the flesh was eaten away from the venom. It's not huge or anything, but it's definitely my most noticeable scar.

• Glad we don't have those things to add to the mix here in Australia.

How did he treat the bite?

• I'm sure a Brown Recluse is child's play compared to all the scary ass shit you guys have over there, haha. He didn't really treat it, just disinfected it, and told us to treat like any open wound.

• No, the brown recluse can be pretty serious I've heard. We have one spider which can cause such lesions without actually killing you but they're pretty small.
      Get a fair few of them around though

What Girls Said 2

• nah not yet. I've seen a few rednecks in my backyard before though.
    sounds horrible =/

• You are a true steve irwin survivor ☺️😇😂

What Guys Said 7

• Yup I've been bitten by like 10+ poisonous spiders over the years and not your lightly poisoned ones either but brown recluse who carry flesh eating bacteria/killing you kind of poison so I have grown to have a dislike and just overall distaste of spiders in general and do not like them at all.

• Nope, no spiders in Alaska anyway.
    But when we were in Oklahoma my dad got bitten by a bunch of fiddle backs (brown recluses) on his leg.
    He had a bunch of sores and his leg swelled up A LOT.

• Not that i know of..

• Mexican tarantula; only left small marks.
    Unknown (likely a Black Widow or a Brown Recluse); sweated for 24 hours till poison was expelled.

• Yes. but i didn't turned to spider man :(

• yeah it happened once

• No I haven't that I know of. I've been stung by bees and bitten by hornets though.

You live in Australia though. We all know y'all got spiders the size of elephants over there lol.

• The really big ones aren't actually that easy to come by. The deadliest are but theyre not that big.
      You get a few huntsman's which can be pretty big but they're harmless venom wise. Painful bite though since the fangs are big.

The biggest I ever saw was a bird eating or whistling spider on a friend of mine's gate who lives up in the north of Australia. Scared the shit out of me cause I almost put my hand on it. Those are actually just as deadly as the funnel web, less documented though because of their rarity

• There's worse stuff in south America

• Hmmm.. I bet so yeah.