How many of you overthink every damn thing, fall into negative thought patterns and worry excessively?

• Guilty
  • Not familiar with that feeling

Most Helpful Guy

• You just described me there!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have an anxiety disorder, so yeah, it has happened but it isn't normal and nor is it me.

• I have GAD and Minor PTSD too :(

What Guys Said 10

• It's a natural thing. The human brain tends to ignore good things, because, well, they aren't an issue to be addressed. It will bring up good things in the past, but only as a means of telling you what you should obtain again. It really likes to say "hey. Remember thar amazing thing you fucked up? Too bad you dont have it anymire, huh? Man, you really suck. You should be better. You really shouldn't have let it go."

Most often, the brain focuses on negative, because that is the best way to survive. Usually. It can push the issue a bit too hard, sometimes. And it requires some degree of conscious interpretation to figure out what your brain is trying to tell you.

In Narcotics Anonymous, they have a saying. "When we dwell on the past, we get depressed. When we dwell on the future, we get anxious. Learn from the past; live in the present; and, plan for the future."

that worrying that you speak of, I think it is you dwelling in the future. If you get caught up thinking negatively, just accept those issues and make plans for them. Acknowledge the risks and potential negative outcomes and rationally approach the situation. That said, you can't get stuck in the planning phase forever. Sometimes you just have to act.

Based on the neuroscientist Dr. Steven Novella. He has some YouTube videos on critical thinking and basically how your brain works and how to control it. And how the human brain is supremely stupid. We're emotional creatures more than logical ones. Which should be clear. But, using your forebrain to its maximal capacity will make it easier to control those emotions.

• I haven't felt like that in a couple weeks now, but this would be me 24/7.

• Yup all the time. I can't help it. It fucking sucks

• You kidding? It's my favorite hobby.

• I am always thinking so possibly am overthinking a lot - I don't fall into negative traits too much.

• I used to do it but stopped a little while ago. Guess it was just a side effect of being a young teenager. Just a little more to go

• No, take it as you see it and do your ting.

• So practically all of us then.

• not me cuz i'm a guy.

• I most certainly overthink most things but try to stay positive

What Girls Said 8

• Nope. I don't even use the damn backspace key. LOL

Go go go go go do do do do do. Sry not sry about thing #1 bc already doing things #2 through #5.

Unstructured free time is the enemy, people. Go do shit with yr life.

• Me, it ruins a lot in my life.

• I used to. Now? I just don't give a f*ck anymore.

• I am never not over thinking.

• guilty but it's something I'm working on really hard to reverse / change.

• Totally guilty. I should be happy as fuck right now, but I feel sad and apprehensive a lot.

• I do,,,, :(

• I'm sooooooooooo guilty of this!