How do you motivate yourself to stick with goals?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Break everything down into bite sized pieces. Small steps are better than no steps. If you're struggling to start, go smaller.

2. Get other people involved so you are accountable to meeting expectations of others besides yourself.

3. Set aside other goals in order to focus on the one goal that means the most and is most crucial for your success.

Most Helpful Girl

• By making them realistic and actually attainable.

It also helps that I make mini-goals along the main end-point I'm trying to work towards. That way, if I probably won't be able to reach the final stage for over a year or so, achieving the 'mini-goals' will be encouragement in itself. Enough to keep me motivated and not give up.

What Guys Said 2

• Goals? Motivation? Aren't you a little old to still have those?

• Think about how some people have performed god like feats before which makes my goal seem not that scary by comparison.

What Girls Said 6

• 1. Procrastinate
    2. Go on your laptop and phone all day
    3. Go to bed and "save it for tomorrow"
    there's NO GETTING OUT, THIS IS YOUR LIFE.
    Lmao just kidding, but its me and I save al my homework for REALLY late and get 3 hours max of sleep, or i'll be so exhausted and try to get it all done in homeroom and my periods before the class its due. Not. fun.
    Really, just remind yourself to do things with sticky notes or schedule books etc. Make your goals realistic and have them step by step, an example would be a next goal to become a super famous celebrity because there's many steps to that. So take it slow, and remember to give yourself breaks or rewards in-between. Also birds of a feather flock together and i'm guessing you'd be in really good group, reflecting your really goo d personality, so surround yourself with hard working people, because with lazy people... not as great.

• I lack motivation haha! I dunno why I care about things more than other but it just is. Like I am so motivate inside to never give up on my weight loss goal even if it take me 3 years. I can't wait to show myself that I am amazing. Well I think I am a little but not completely.

• Surround yourself with positive like minded people. Read and watch motivational things and continue to motivate yourself by believing in yourself.

• I'm saving up to go to radiology school to be a mammography technologist and I think of all the lives I can save and the grief I can spare that I saw with my own eyes when my mom and sister suffered from breast cancer.

• I remind myself of how bleak my life will be if I don't fulfill my goals

• By looking at what will happen once I achieve the goal.