Going to dinner with boyfriend's family for the first time, advice?

Any advice welcome! lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Dress nicely, in a relatively conservative, modest fashion. Be on time, bring a bottle of wine and/or cake. Be friendly, answer any questions with more detailed answers than 'yes', 'no', and single-word responses.
    Make sure to have good table manners, thank them for inviting you for dinner when the meal is finished.

• should I bring wine if we are going to a restaurant?

• oh maybe not in that case. haha I just gave advice based on things that were applicable when I had dinner with my boyfriend's family for the first time. Though that was at their place so you could probably forgo the wine/cake part.

• thanks! :)

What Guys Said 1

• GOD BLESS YOU.

What Girls Said 3

• Be yourself, don't be too shy or too like cocky/loud, polite obviously, don't worry about it too much

• should i dress fancy? it's an italian sit down place. Entrees are around $20-30.

• Dont overdue it , but don't underdress either.. This is going to sound terrible, but something you would wear to a funeral. Not too dressy and not underdressy, more happy feeling than that of course tho :)

• haha!! thank you :)

• Dress nice, be polite, smile a lot, and make sure to be yourself!

• Be polite, dress nicely, address them correctly, if his siblings are there try to talk to them, and at the end make sure you thank them