Smoked weed with my boyfriend for the first time tonight and not sure if it's affecting me?

So I smoked with my boyfriend for the first time and I don't feel anything. I wasn't sure if I did something wrong or I didn't smoke enough or if it's just not affecting me. I guess my question is more of I would know if it was affecting me right? Because I coughed up a storm and can taste it but I don't feel any different.
**Please only answer if you personally have smoked weed.**

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen this happen quite a few times with people who smoke weed for the first time. It's usually due to not understanding how you should truly feel. Though one might be high. They don't realize it, because they're perceiving the feeling of high to be astronomically different from what they're feeling.

Try getting high a couple of more times, and then you'll feel the difference. One of my exes took about 3-4 times of getting higher before you really began to see the difference, and ended up loving it.

• I think that was part of the problem is I didn't really know how I 'should' feel.

• That's perfectly acceptable, and normal. The next time you do so. Allow yourself to relax, and just sit down somewhere to allow yourself to take everything in. Let your expectations go, and just sit back. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people don't notice a high the first time they smoke. Maybe you didn't inhale right.

What Guys Said 10

• If you inhaled properly, you wouldn't cough up much smoke at all. You'd feel it in your head right away if it's good shit. But, the first time it burns your throat because of the chemicals going into your body and being absorbed. Once it goes to your blood stream and to your brain, then you get light headed a bit and more relaxed and you should feel a lot more happy. You may need a couple of hits to get to that feeling. Maybe it wasn't really strong stuff or you didn't inhale correctly or enough. But, you'll know it if it was working.

• You need to smoke quite a bit and actually INHALE that first time. You have to hold it in too. So, you toke (inhale) through the joint slowly to get a nice amount of smoke. It is important to keep the smoke in your lungs so much THC (the chemical that makes you high) as possible can enter your bloodstream so hold your breath for about 10 seconds minimum. However, once you've finished your toke, immediately pass the joint ("Don't bogart that joint!) so it doesn't burn wasting valuable uninhaled smoke.

And remember: A boyfriend with weed is a boyfriend indeed.

• This can happen to some people when they do it for the first time. It isn't always that you didn't smoke enough. You may not have inhaled it right or long enough.

I remember a time in high school where we got my best friend high at my house and he swore up and down he was not high and didn't feel anything. But his actions said other wise. He couldn't even open the front door because he couldn't figure out how to use the door knob lol.

• Either you're smoking some weak shit! Or you've inhaled it wrong. If you've never smoked anything ( including cigarettes) before, then this is why, you're body straight away rejected this new toxin to its body. Try it again and just keep doing it to you can take a drag without coughing up. And trust me then you'll feel incredible!

• I didn't feel shit the first time I smoked either. Second time, though, I ripped 3 bongs and my face melted

• Lol trust me fiest time smoking you feel something. You might need to smoke a bit more. Finish smoke hit with a breath of just air to push smoke in. You will feel happy and funny.

• I smoked weed in high school with my friends and I was the only one who never got high as well. So I stopped because it was a waste of time for me.

• It's not unheard of for first timers to not feel much, if anything.

• It can take a few times for sure. Like around 6-7 times maybe

• Smokers are disgusting

• Personally would never date a cigarette smoker but I dont see the harm in weed. To each his own though.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't know did you hold the smoke in? You can't just breathe it in and out Maybe it was some bad weed lol

• Holding smoke in doesn't really do anything tbh.

• That just kills your lungs, that's like holding your breathe to make yourself pass out. lol. just hurtin' your brain that way.

• @Hazydayz13 smoking at all hurts your lungs and brain hahaha omg. I'm just saying hold it in for like 3-4 seconds. Not just breathe it in like a whistle.

• How many hits did you take and was the weed shitty lmfao

• it's not affecting me either

• You either didn't inhale properly or it is shit weed. How much did you smoke?

• I took 3 hits because that's all he would let me. He said he didn't want it affecting me to much.

• I have smoked weed and you inhlae it and hold it in for like 15 sec or longer and it should work.

• What method did you use? A bong, blunt?

• Blunt.

• a couple of times when i started to smoke this happend to me , i guess is because you did'nt hit it right or inhaled it for a longer time. Next time take bigger hits if you smoke.

• I don't think I got high the first time I smoked. But I smoke alooot now. Like almost daily & a little bit of mids will get me ripped.

• I got high the first time, but not as high as in the future when I wasn't so tentative. The first time, a lot of people don't get a lot of smoke in or take very small hits. Which is good, because it's better to test the waters a little!

• I didn't really feel anything the first two times I tried it. Neither did my sister or best friend. The third time I tried vaping and got stoned out of my mind. The second time all that happened was I got giggly and a little lighter feeling but nothing else. I've heard something about that being normal, not feeling anything at first, but it could also be weak stuff or not inhaling it right.