Can a person who lives in California have a relationship with a person who lives in Wisconsin, if they never see each other?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea why people get in LDR's to be totally honest. I can't wrap my head around the idea of falling in love over the Internet. Maybe that's me being a full-blown 20th century type, but even the idea of online dating sites are kind of far out to me. I'm not knocking anyone for doing it, but for myself, I can't even imagine operating that way. It's so easy to misrepresent oneself on the Internet, or not show the whole picture. You might click really well, but until you interact in person on the day-to-day, I can't understand how you could even make a judgement call on it. And if you don't have designs of relocating, what's the point? To just SAY you have a bf/gf? Like 1,000 miles away? In that scenario, are you REALLY in a relationship? I mean, you can say you are, but without near-daily in-person interaction, that's a tough sell for me. I just don't see that holding up. Even if you met up like once a month, I just don't see how you can forge the required bond without actually seeing each other and just texting or calling or Skyping or whatever. I'm probably just old-fashioned, but the idea of starting a relationship with someone without meeting in person and going through the standard courting process just absolutely blows my mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well they can talk and stuff I guess. But part of a relationship is actually meeting up and seeing each other and going on dates etc...

What Guys Said 4

• I don't see how that's possible and realistic. I mean if you never even see each other than what in the world is the point? But, hey, to each their own! That's just me :)

• It won't be a very satisfying relationship.

• Yes you can but it will be very dificult. Long distance relationships are so hard.

• Not forever. You can start that way but eventually he needs to move to your city.

What Girls Said 2

• Sure, as long as they make plans to meet someday. LDRs with no plans to meet EVENTUALLY are completely worthless.

• well... they should use Skype...

If not it doesn't make sense