Are you a feminist?

Why shouldn't you be a feminist? Do you not believe women are equal to men?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Feminism clearly doesn't just claim "oh, women and men are equal".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZfltpUhP30

If you want equality among people (which, by the way, isn't completely possible considering no, people aren't completely equal, some people are more intelligent and some less, some people are better at certain things and others are better at other certain things, etc.), then you wouldn't claim to be a feminist, which even holds in its NAME that it favors women over men.

No, don't make the claim of "but women were oppressed for years" because they aren't oppressed anymore.

• Wow. Thanks for MHO! :)

• Women were never systematically oppressed. They were systematically protected and valued higher than men. That's why it was men dying everywhere. Wars, mines, farms, doing the hard, dangerous jobs. And 93% of workplace deaths are still male. Don't see feminists talking about their right to get drafted into military service like men. Don't see them wanting dangerous jobs to be equal. No. They don't care about equality. They care about advantage. They create issues that don't exist or exaggerate issues that do exist, because feminism needs there to be oppression in order to justify it's existence.

If women were oppressed for thousands of years... then they're the only group to never fight back. All other groups fought inequality, bloodily. At least, not until a virtual eyeblink ago. So were they oppressed, weak and stupid? Or were they satisfied with the way things were, so didn't feel it was necessary to fight? Industrial revolution.

• This is why feminism didn't take off until after the Industrial Revolution. Because things became 1,000 times safer in the street and in the workplace. Until things got safer, women were completely satisfied rubbing their hands raw 12 hours a day, instead of dying bloody in some dangerous profession or backbreaking labor 16 hours a day in the hot sun.

No. It was when things got easier that they wanted the same things as men.

Men love women. Always have. The average man wants to protect women. Not oppress them. It's always been true. We didn't systematically rape women and enslave them in marriage. No. We loved and cared for them and protected and provided for them. But feminism tells us that men are savage beasts who enslaved women through marriage. Tat the wife beater was probably the norm, and the hardworking man protecting and providing for his beloved wife was an exception.

Feminism calls men savage animals, and it calls women weak and stupid. I do not believe that.

What Guys Said 19

• No, I am not a feminist. I am an equalist. I support women's rights and men's rights and believe what both men and women are missing things in society that they need to have. Feminists say feminism is about equal rights for men to but it is not and that is was I am an equalist not a feminist and don't support feminism.

• Why not was

• Ugg typoss... I will say it again.

No, I am not a feminist. I am an equalist. I support women's rights and men's rights and believe that both men and women are missing things in society that they need to have. Feminists say feminism is about equal rights for men to but it is not and that is why I am an equalist not a feminist and don't support feminism.

• There's NOTHING wrong with feminism.
    We're all equal.

It's not because a few women voiced or wrote excessive declarations that I'd dump feminism.

• Please stop trolling, don't try to act as if feminism is really for equally, that's a REALLYYYYY old joke.

• Here is what I believe: I believe everyone is an individual, we can all be raised and conditioned in one way or another, and a person is the result of their life experiences. I am an egalitarian in that I believe everyone is their own unique person. I don't think with labels and that's the way I like it. I have gone past the point of trying to rationalize the ideologies of other movements that like to think of people in terms of labels. As such, I am at the point where I genuinely really DESPISE feminists and meninists (or whatever the hell) as in really consider them the scum of the earth and a waste of human tissue.

When I see a wife abused by her partner, I don't see a woman being hurt by a patriarchy (invisible boogeyman), I see a person in pain, and the empath (as in theory of mind) in me wants to help them alleviate that pain.
    When I see a man abused by his wife, I don't see a man suffering at the hands of a scheming woman hiding behind her gender , I see a person in pain, and similarly, want to help them alleviate it.

That is what equality is to me. Labels are an easy way for people to take shortcuts when considering the mentality and personality of others. When people intentionally flock to a label like feminist which deals in labels (fixing men, or empowering women), it disgusts me, they are part of the problem.

• I'm not a feminist for many reasons, I won't bother to go into detail as I'd be here all day. In short I believe that women are equal to men but not the same, and I believe most feminists are hypocrites.

• No i'm not a feminist, because i don't agree with them on a lot of core issues, as i find that they get their facts wrong too often. Just as you don't need to be a Christian to have a moral compass, you also don't need to be a feminist to treat women with respect.

• I selected no because I'm not a feminist. I believe people deserve equal rights and opportunities. Does not mean they are equal in all things.
    If I'm going to war, I'm going to want men.
    Some other situations I would prefer women.
    We are tuned to be better at different things

• Feminism is part of egalitarianism, which states everyone's rights should be campaigned and defended.

That is what i believe so yes. You can't be one and not be the other. If you think you can, I'm here to tell you you're wrong. You cannot have equality without other people also having equality.

• No I'm not. Modern feminism is about making women better than men, not equal. Of course we deserve equal rights, as far as I've ever seen we have that already, so mission accomplished. And one thing feminists seem to forget- biologically, men and women ARE different.

• Naww.. I'm a humanist.. why wouldn't you be?
    Do you not believe people are equal? ^.~

• Just by the by, humanism is a faith.

"Humanism" typically refers to a non-theistic life stance centred on human agency and looking to science rather than revelation from a supernatural source to understand the world."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanism

• @9mfeo "It might not be technically true but it helps people understand what you mean quickly."
      A slogan thus or demagoguery.
      It's indeed overused by religious people.

• @jacquesvol yeah, I can't stand when they do that but one must occasionally pander to the less intellectually inclined.

• 0|0
  • Bexause most feminists are butthurt chicks who can't get laid lol Inb4 they get butthurt over this and downvote lmao

• If that's what feminism was about then I would be. However it isn't.

• Nope, I'm not.

• No, I'm not a feminist.

• I'll take a bullet before declaring myself a feminist.

• Actually I don't think women are equal to men, but superior to men.

• Seeing as most crimes done are done by men, most men are self centered compared to a woman, and a lot of them go to the media for information rather than think on their own.

• I'm actually for men being seen as equals by feminists.

• Yeah with the original meaning that they are equal. I hate all the old fashioned stuff

What Girls Said 5