Do you believe its important to take care of your mental health when you are a busy university student?

If I am stressed out over a social situation or sociological crises - I might take an hour to a couple of days off from doing my homework just to reflect and re-energize myself.

I also make sure that I set aside time each week to engage in activities that make me happy - often with extended family - whether that involves babysitting young children, visiting the indoor garden in the winter time, treating my family or relatives to coffee and tea at a restaurant or attending a family dinner party - sometimes restaurant outings or special meals with steak and lobster also happen. I also try to meditate when I have additional time on my hands and I try to engage in religious activity and spend time doing things to benefit others so I can feel like I have meaning and purpose.

I don't feel this is necessary since my year is not stressful but just to be on the safe side - I put a lot of time and effort into making sure I take care of my emotional and mental health.

Most Helpful Guy

• One's mental health is SUPER important to take care of. Without your mental health, one is completely unable to function effectively.

What Guys Said 1

• Uhhhhh... yes. That's why most universities offer free counseling.

What Girls Said 1

• Mental health should always be a top priority. Some people refer to it as "self care." You need your mind right to do anything in life.