Best vacation or road trip you've ever taken... where did you go, and what did you do? Who was with you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't really say it was my best because there are more than one but it was certainly one OF the best vacations I have had so far: when I was 16, I went backpacking with two of my best friends (one guy and one girl) in Great Britain for about 3 weeks. We travelled either by train or by hitch hiking. We started in London, travelled up along the east coast all the way to Inverness, in the north of Scotland and down to London against along the west coast. We even camped out in the wilderness at the Loch Ness for three days. We had made a rough plan of where we want to go and what we want to see in advance but there were also a lot of occasions where we decided things spontaneously. It was a really awesome trip and I had such a great time with my friends. And on top of that, it felt particularly liberating because it was the first real, big vacation I went on without my parents/family. I had travelled to London with my first girlfriend one year before when we were both 15 but that was only for a few days and we only stayed inside the city.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sailed from south FL down to Costa Rica with some friends of mine. Then stayed in/near Costa Rica for about a month just surfing, diving, hiking and enjoying the culture.

What Guys Said 5

• New Orleans. We went out to eat and were in a really nice hotel so we screwed like rabbits.

• Went to LA with the family

• 2011 went to Dubai. Was with family but was the first time I went out by myself and into the streets. It felt amazing being in the heart of a place bustling with life. Saw many different kinds of people.

• I just got back from a roadtrip to denver

• Big Sur road trip from San Francisco to LA. It was awesome and I got laid before leaving which made it even better.

What Girls Said 5

• I went on a mother-daughter trip to Hawaii. My mom and I had the best time, we went snorkeling & ate pounds of Hawaiian food bc it was so good lmao, we swam with the dolphins, and went hiking & swam under the waterfalls, and went on a helicopter ride around the volcano, surfing, we did a lot and i'll remember it until the day I die, quality time with my mom :-))

• I was in Thailand and there were 10 of us, art loving students. I loved the food, and weather. The whole trip was planned, no days were uneventful.

• This past summer, my friend and I went to Niagara Falls and Toronto, Canada. It was the first time I'd taken with a friend and not my family, so there was more freedom to do whatever we wanted. We could get up and go wherever. It was so fun to road trip there, and we're planning to take another trip this summer.

• Vacation - 2014 to Austin, TX. I flew there by myself, met up with someone I was sharing a room with, and then hung around with people I had met from the world wide web all weekend.

Road trip - to Canada, with a girl I went to school with but was never really SUPER close to. We hadn't even planned on GOING to Canada, but we were in Detroit and saw the bridge and said "fuck it" and went.

• best vacation of my life was when i went to Hawaii with my family. we did all sorts of things. hiking, swimming, visited a polynesian centre, shopping, partying, watching live shows, etc etc.