What's the most physically painful thing that's happened to you while playing a sport?

I had my arm broken while playing lacrosse but I know a guy who almost lost a ball after being kicked in the balls in TKD

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really sport... well ish... depending on your views of HEMA.

Top three painful injuries:
    1: Got barged off my feet. The butt of the axe on my belt hit the ground, driving the head up into my ribs, cracking one, bruising two more. didn't really hurt bad at that moment (just knocked the breath out of me), but I just couldnt regain my breath, and the pain over the comming weeks was aweful.
    2: A lad forgot to blunt the bottom spike of his axe and tried to hook my shield, instead he drove the sharp point into the back of my knee, and got it caught in the tendon.
    3. Put on the tip of a boars snout (a wedge shaped shieldwall) at a full charge (about 12 vs 20). Crashed into the other shieldwall and the bottom of my own shield smashed down into my knee, displacing the knee cap. The enemy wall openned up infront of me (or was torn assunder depending on how you look at it) and the person I hit was flung a good 10 foot by the impact... and I still hobbled around and got a couple of hits in before they were all mopped up.

Got some other fun injuries but nothing as painful as those.

• That axe hit was hard enough to punch right through my mail and tear my gambesson.

• OUCH stay safe out there!

• The girl I was with at the time made me give it up years back... still now she's long out of the picture Im looking to get back in shape at get back too it.

What Girls Said 3

• The sports I do don't really cause injuries like broken bones. Maybe if you tripped or something... But yeah probably just my lungs hurting from running in the cold or just exhaustion in general. Running in the heat kills me.

• i got a football ball hit my chest... my breathing got cut for a second

• haha I've had that happen to me in lacrosse

• I was diving for a ball once, but I lost my momentum somehow so instead of sliding I just sort of, belly flopped onto the floor haha.
      Couldn't breathe for like ten seconds.

• @ScruffynateAK hahahaha thats so cute tho. except the not breathing part

• I was playing basketball with my dad and he's 6'4 and I am 5'7 and well my brother was trying to steal the ball from me, and my dad was jumping trying to block the ball and both my dad and the ball hit me. I was in a good amount of pain.

What Guys Said 6

• i did track for 10 years. i was a jumping and hurdler specialist, even though i was a pretty good sprinter. nothing bad really happened point blank, but i ended up with a torn mcl in 1 leg. also a bad back and fucked up ankles. unlike most athletes, because it was essentially at the end of my sports career, i couldn't really get surgery on anything cause the doctors said they weren't worth it. but besides that, probably when i got my shin fractured in a few places from rugby or when i got hit over the middle in football (of the American variety) or when i broke my foot playing pick up basketball.

• i was playing rugby and i play the hooker ( i know what the name sounds like) so i'm in the middle of the scrum and when the scrum collapsed i ripped the tenants in my left shoulder and left leg >.<

• wait what... you play the hooker?

• @jessicorn its nothing sexual xD its the guy who is in the middle of a scrum who had the pressure of 14 guys pushing on his shoulders ( ik my example doesn't help my scenario you just have to look online at who the hooker is >.<)

• omg lmfao i read 'who had to pleasure 14 guys' i was like WHAT.
      and i see... that sounds painful!

• I was playing volleyball.
    Dove sideways and knocked my knee pretty hard. When I got up my knee popped three times in succession.
    Couldn't walk the rest of the day.
    Think that was when I started the damage to my meniscus.
    NO WAIT.
    That's dumb.
    I was playing basketball, had the ball, tried to pivot, my foot stayed planted, but the rest of me kept going. I immediately couldn't put any weight on my leg.
    That was the day I sprained my knee severely AND when I think I really tore my meniscus.

• During flag football, someone accidentally jammed there index finger into my my balls while we were running towards each other.

• I was playing basketball in middle school, I jumped to try to dunk but my finger got stuck on the net and it bent I was stuck in the air for a good 2 minutes

• Had my nose broken a few times (hockey and football), screwed up my back pretty good a couple times playing football too. Managed to avoid getting badly hurt so far.