Do you ever feel everything so intensely that it's like you feel nothing at all?

My whole life people have viewed me as the emotionless girl. I've had people tell me that I'm the most emotionless person they've met, or that they don't understand me because I never show how I feel, or that I'm unreadable. Everyone thinks that I'm pretty much incapable of feeling anything, but I know that's not true. There's only one way I can explain it. Imagine you have buckets of paint. If you mix all the colors together you eventually get black. That's what it's like for me. It's like I feel everything all the time, and then I just don't know how I'm supposed to feel so I just don't. Everyone thinks there's something wrong with me because I never seem to feel anything, but I know there is something there. Does anyone else ever feel like this?

What Guys Said 1

• I am similar in this regard albeit I would explain it differently. I quite treasure my emotions and I will even admit to being a more emotional individual.

I am often, near always, perceived as the heartless emotionless type and the main factor to this is that when my emotions become more than I can comfortably handle my brain gives me a time out and they're all put aside until whatever is causing them is under control. I am obviously not very fun in a heated argument, soon as I start cracking I turn all calm and rational.

What Girls Said 0