Do you ever think about your ex from time to time even while dating someone new?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. You can't forget your past, and you shouldn't there are lessons to be learned from your mistakes. Thinking about your ex from time-to-time is normal. If your thoughts are all about how you would rather be with your ex, then you may have a problem. If your thoughts are about comparing your current relationship to previous relationships, don't worry; everyone does that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes, just to reminds myself that I'm lucky to meet someone new, better than him. Someone who appreciate me the way I am, not someone who always criticize me the way I dress or forced me to fo to the gym bcoz I'm gaining some weight

What a retard

What Guys Said 9

• Sometimes, sure. All my ex-girlfriends were a part of my life and they helped me become the person I am now. But I don't think about them in a romantic or sexual way anymore. I would just wonder how they are and what they're doing. I don't hold grudges against any of them, even the one that cheated on me. It's all good now.

• Yes. I've met no women I've had as much of a connection with as my ex. None of the women I've dated have compared. They were just a comparison to my ex. I broke up with her, but I wish I wouldn't have. I dream about her, at times. Occasionally. As time goes on, I think about her less and less. Maybe it's just the women I've dated. But, it's been year 8. It's not like I sit around and yearn. But from time to time, I do think back and miss those times. I do miss her.

Though, I've asked something similar. It seems women typically do not think about exs as often as men do.

But. I also have this concept. When you love someone with everything you are. How can you forget about them? How can you simply disregard that love that so easily? I've had girls say "You're my air; I'd die without you." A year later, they're married with kids. I've had a girl say "Through thick and thin, this world can't tear us apart." When you make statements like that, how do you move on? I don't understand. If you love someone with everything you have, then you lose everything when you lose them. It should not be something so easily cast aside.

But it is. Because humans do not love as they think they do. It's a transient feeling, to them. This is all what led me to the idea that men and women are not monogamous. We are not designed for monogamy. We naturally jump from one partner to another. Otherwise, how could people so easily disregard the "love" they had? The only answer is that they were lying in the first place, or they really believed it but it wasn't true.

Geese are monogamous. They mate for life. Even if their partner dies, they never get another one. Humans are serial monogamists. Which I think is a joke, because fucking a different person every night is considered "monogamy", because it's one at a time. Serial monogamy is closer to polygamy than it is monogamy.

No. Once you've experienced that once, how can you ever reconcile love again? When you've been in love that deeply, and it is broken easily. That's how you know love is a lie. It's just oxytocin convincing you to reproduce. So, I jump from one girl to the next, because that is the best way. They have this idea that you're looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with. No. They don't know what they want. Neither do men. It is because I love the deepest that my love is dried up. It's because I'm a romantic that I am not romantic.

And I'm not resentful. All this is stated matter of factly.

• I guess you can have flashback about similarities but it also depends how long was your previous relationship. I don't think it really happens to me. As long as you don't think about your ex in a way that you want to go back, because in this case, you'd rather be alone than still in the rebound.

• yes. its normal they were a part of your life and in the future when you think back to certain chapters in your life there 's a good chance you still think of them.

• No. Left in Da past!

• Sometimes, it's not exactly a lingering thought though.

• Yes, but only how glad I am to be rid of them.

• Just hope that's she's in a lot of pain

• You're always going to wonder what happened to the person you thought you "loved". Ya know? Make sure they don't wind up happy with anyone else, because they broke your heart

What Girls Said 9

• No once i get that point i simply close that page. I do not come to that point of breaking up so easily ;when it happens it literally happens.

• No, not at all. That ship has sailed and is long gone. I have never thought about it once.

• I started to dislike my ex more and more as i went on more dates. I didn't see it at the time, but he treated me wrong. Turned out I had been dating a douche.

• yes. its really unfortanate. he was my first love but then he broke up with me the day i got out of the hopital. i still care and miss him but he hates me so i moved on.

• Rarely. Not at all if I'm dating someone new.

• Actually not really.

• All the time :(

• Nope not in the least.

• Always! You compare and contrast at the very beginning and sometimes during a relationship. But that's okay!