Why dont my parents want me to be me?

Okay so im an emo. People where always telling me i am and i changed my look and now no one likes me any more and im bullyed more than ever even b y parents and i know most people say its a phaze and maybe it is but i dont under stand why people always judge me by my looks :-(

Most Helpful Guy

• i feel most people judge what they see on the outside is because they are to superficial to see the beauty on the inside.
    as someone who went threw something simulare at your age. and the pain one feels when this happens. the only wisdom i can give is dont let all the negitivity crush you and dont let your heart turn to ice. the reason i say this when i was 15 i moved to a new school and there was a girl like you but she was gothic she had been teased and put down so much she couldn't open her heart and would push everyone away who saw threw to her inner beauty.

Most Helpful Girl

• They just see it as immature. Like why do you need these extra stuff to make yourself attractive to you? Kinda of thing!

What Guys Said 7

• You are at an age where you are finding yourself. What I would I say to your parents is that don't judge a book by its cover, it is still you, you are just experimenting to find your own self expression, the thing that shows the world the true you. Some people may not understand but as long as you do that is the important thing.

• Yeah for a lot of people it's easy to judge

• It is a phase. Your parents are looking out for you.

• Because they are ignorant and hate freedom so much that they'll deny it to your face.

• No i like your style :)

• oh, a phase, alright... one that'll get worse! wish parents would wake up!

• Emo is some thing people made up, to get attention. You can't actually BE emo, it's just to get attention

What Girls Said 7

• Because people are shallow and judgmental.

• Judgement will always he there
    I get judged on a daily by my a operable nut you learn to ignore it
    And tell your parents it's a phase because you don't know if it will last at this age

• well when you go with an eccentric look, it s bound to provoke right?
    everything out of the usual would stand out and be questioned.
    but in the end... that s what makes it cool xD

• Because people are dicks.

Be whoever you want and dress how you want. I was an emo and I wish I still was. Do it while you're young - it's less accepted when you're working full time.

• Because you could get killed

• They might be worried U will try drugs or drinking really early.

• I don't know

But I would be worried about my kid.

(Assuming he cuts and stuff)