Why do girls acting ditzy get attention but guys don't?

If you know the term "dumb blonde" you get what I mean, but blondes are very popular. How can girls act dumb and still get positive attention from guys but when guys act dumb they are treated like they are dumb by girls and worthless. I call Double standards

Most Helpful Girl

• Some men like a woman who will look up to them as a form of 'hero' if they know things that the woman does not know or can teach her things. It makes some men feel strong and respected. I barely think certain things are universal but there is some universal truth to that, men like to feel confident and their ego feels strong and confident if they can show a woman they are smarter or teach her something. Acting dumb or in awe of something a man does is an indirect but very strong way of firting.

• I know a girl who acts dumb seemingly for attention from guys, but I saw her in her workplace and she didn't come across dumb there and she is very popular and has lots of guy and girl friends. It's sad acting lower than what you are, but apparently she gets some positives out of it. She even called me smart one time, she's like "your smart" to me out of the blue. I may look smart but I'm not a genius I barely passed school.

What Girls Said 1

• There are a lot of men who feel threatened by a super intelligent woman, and these men would prefer a partner who is dumber than they are. So these are the guys that like the "dumb blondes."

However, there are many women who want a partner just as smart as they are. So they're not going to give a "dumb guy" positive attention.

If there are double standards, then it's because of the men who make the "dumb blondes" popular.

• I think part of it is also that some guys go after dumb girls because they think dumb girls are "easy targets"

• Some girls do act dumb. They're afraid if they show how smart they are the guy won't want them, since there are some guys that don't want smart girls.
      But if a guy is intimidated by a smart girl, then he's not the right guy for me! I agree, people should be themselves, but unfortunately there are many people that think they have to change who they are in order to get someone to like them.

What Guys Said 1

• Cause nobody likes those people