How do I fight low self esteem?

Okay so I've had a very happy childhood. I felt good in my own skin, I liked myself until the age of 16. My father started using drugs, drinking too much alcohol. He becamy insanely agressive and abusive. He used to call me names, beat me up, spit in my face and tell me I'm not worth anything. I know he was doing it because he was addicted but it stayed in my mind. Since then I stopped believing in myself. I used to be happy about every single little thing. Now nothing makes me happy. I'm afraid of people. I scared that they will hurt me. I have guys complimenting and asking me out everyday but I turn down them all because I don't accept myself. I'm only happy when I can stay at home all day. I've got a severe social anxiety because I'm afraid of being judged. People tell me they really like me etc. but I'm always telling myself that they lie, that they can't like me because I'm not worth it. Deep down inside I know I'm just being paranoid but I can't help it. I want to live normally again. Guys, please help me. Every advice counts :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Find a hobby you really like and do that. Every time you look in the mirror, you HAVE to point out something nice about yourself, whether that's something concerning your looks or your personality. And before going to bed, list 3 things that you're thankful for. Being humble, psyching yourself into appreciating yourself and doing something you like will make you feel more comfortable and happy in your own skin.

• Thank You very much :)

• By dancing?

• Interesting. How?

• I dunno dancing... cuz its fun! You just feel like someone else!
      Also watching video about self esteem
      mastering make-up
      etc...

• Okay. Thank You :) I need to start doing it!

• Man, I'm sorry to hear that, but cheer up! You should pray:)