Does the truth always hurt? Is it better not to know?

• It's better not to know, but the truth doesn't always hurt.
  • It's better to know. The truth always hurts.
  • It's better not to know. The truth always hurts.
  • It's better to know. The truth doesn't always hurt.
Seeing a pretty weird differentiation between males and females. >.>

Most Helpful Girl

• The truth always hurts yes, but I would rather hurt from knowing than hurt from not knowing.

• Because the pain from knowing will go away a lot faster than the pain from not knowing. But I'm someone who needs closure, etc.

What Girls Said 6

• I found out something a couple days ago that hurt and still hurts so much and I don't think I'll get fully past it for a while, but I would rather have known the truth than be told a lie or not be told at all. It hurt (and still does) like hell to find out what I found out, but I would be far more upset to not know the truth.

• You wouldn't be upset at all if you didn't find out the truth, though...

• Okay. If you had a suspicion, I get that. But if you didn't have a suspicion, would you be better off not knowing the truth? Would your ignorance be bliss?

• I'd still rather know. I've dealt with a lot of crap in my life, but I like when people are honest with me. Then I can move on.

• id rather know and be hurt. i can take it.

• It doesn't have to hurt, but it's always better to know.

• It's always better to know the truth.

• It always hurts, but it's always better than living in a lie. And sometimes you need to know the truth to realize certain things.

• Why is it better than living in a lie?

• Because if you find out the truth (eventually) you will feel worse than if someone just told you the truth.
      Plus, a lie can destroy or change your life for worse.

• It really depends but it hurts more to know someone is lying to you

What Guys Said 4

• No, truth doesn't always hurt, it depends as to when the truth comes out.

For example if two people before they begin the relationship totally confess the truth to each other even before the relationship begins then the truth won't hurt at all or it will hurt but will hurt less and one can easily get over that and accept it, because there is nothing to lose at that time,

However if they don't do that and during the course one of the partners comes to know something truthful about the other from some other source then in that case the truth will certainly hurt, it will hurt a lot.

Hence the point is if the person confesses the truth to the other then truth hurts less but if the truth comes out through some other source then it hurts more and more. However I believe irrespective to the consequences one should always be truthful and especially to a woman a guy should never lie.

It's always better to know the truth and be hurt rather than not knowing at all.

• The truth doesn't always hurt, and it's better to know.

In not knowing, we miss the opportunity to become wiser.

• What purpose does knowing the truth serve? Does it do any good? Weigh the options.

• Sometimes it hurts sometimes it doesn't but it is useless to believe a lie.

• A lie is the truth until you know it to be a lie.

• No. You're not.

• Just because I understand it differently from you doesn't mean I'm not familiar with it.