Do you really believe humans are animals?

Like, come on we are above animals. Or are we?

• Yes
    54% (21)84% (37)70% (58)Vote
  • No. We are beings of a higher order
    26% (10)7% (3)16% (13)Vote
  • Nicolas Cage
    20% (8)9% (4)14% (12)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
14|25

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 13

• Our intelligence does not mean we are above other animals. We are animals, mammals more specifically.

1|3
    0|1
    • But we have forethought

• Show All
    • No, for thought requires calculated estimations. I might mean forsight. English is not my first language

• Even so, like I said our intelligence doesn't make us less animalistic. We're still animals haha. We're certainly not plants.

• Absolutely, we are. You have a hunger for food and sex and excitement, don't you? All animal species have a "drive" for something other than just day to day living. Humans beings are just among the top of the animal charts because of our intelligence and ability to make decisions, where as other species are purely driven with no subconscious.

0|0
    1|1
  • The only thing that makes us superior to other animals is we have frontal lobes and opposable thumbs

1|1
    0|1
    • So we are above?

• We are animals, there is no doubt about it. We just have a higher brain capacity is all

• No. We are beings of a higher order

0|0
    1|3
  • We are definitely animals. Sorry but we ain't that special.

1|2
    0|1
  • We're animals. What makes us any better? We might be smarter but it's not the animals tearing the world down.

0|1
    0|0
  • animals don't kill and torture each other for fun so I'd say we are lower than animals.

1|1
    0|0
    • I think wild dogs do. Thus they became man's best friend.

• Show All
    • There's quite a bunch of animals that play with their food aka "torturing" ...

• @Ulyss cats only torture their prey which they intend to eat and are killing for a reason, for human's that kill other humans it's purely for the entertainment. We are mammals and belong to the animal category of life just like every other animal. But humans are the most vile creature that exist.

• We are worse than animals.

0|1
    0|0
  • have you seen those black Friday videos?

0|0
    0|1
    • No. What videos?

• well if you look them up they're wild. if you don't live in north america there's this trend that's been popped up in the last couple years (starting in the states) on a Friday in November i think where stores do a major sale, 80% off and stuff like that, and people go absolutely nuts. there have been accounts where people have been trampled to death in the mad rush to get stuff at a good price.

• Well we're not vegetables

1|0
    0|1
  • Are cats dogs?

0|0
    1|4
  • Half the time we act like animals. And We certainly fuck like animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that we are animals but we are more developed and smart than the other

0|0
    1|1

What Guys Said 25

• We are definitely animals. That isn't even a debate. To deny so is to really screw ourselves over with regards to studying human behavior.

Chris Ryan discussing sexuality "People say 'you make us sound like animals'. No. Animals are WAAAY less horny than we are."

0|1
    0|0
  • Were animals but we are have a higher level of consciousness.
    I guess in the grand scheme of things "at the end of the game the pawns and the king all go back into the same box". However while we are alive, compared to other animals, we have more potential to understand and enact change on the world around us.

You might find this article interesting..

www.lowlatentinhibition.org/.../

(no I dont have LLI, I just thought the article was cool)

0|0
    0|0
  • We ARE animals indeed. Reality bites.

1|2
    1|1
  • 0|0
    1|1
    • Thats just Darwinism!

• We fit the criteria of a mammal. So yes we are animals. You can say we are smarter, but we find new ways to kill each other and destroy the planet. That's not really smart.

1|0
    0|1
  • Yes we are animals. What separates us from other animals?

Physically: We lack basic protection mechanisms but we have the ability to walk upright which frees our hands for other uses. Our hand structure allows us to use tools, which compliments our brainpower. We have vocal chords and hands which enable communication.

Mentally: We have large, powerful brains but they aren't uniquely large or powerful. What makes our mental capacities so powerful are the complimentary physical capabilities. Our ability to communicate enables teamwork, planning and complex thought. Our hands allow us to use tools to shape our environment and ensure our survival.

Basically, we are animals with several complimentary physical and mental skills which enable us to not only have more sophisticated thought processes, but also enable us to leverage that knowledge into useful and practical applications such as farming. So yes, we are just another type of animal, albeit an exceptional one.

0|0
    0|0
  • We're just like squirrels, except with space ships and television.

1|0
    0|1
  • We are classified under the Animalia Kingdom, but our behavior is best compared to Protist Kingdom if you remove intelligence from the equation we are nothing more than an advance form of parasites.

0|0
    0|0
  • We ARE animals in the biological sense, I'm talking even in the psychological department. We are REALLY smart animals. So much so that we have separated ourselves from animals in the interest of safety and progress. So that's it, we are animals that have gone above animals due to our vastly superior animal intelligence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, we aren't plants or minerals.

0|1
    1|1
  • No we are just as savage and tribal as any other animals. We just have bigger brains.

0|0
    2|1
  • yes, we are. consdering we are similar to other animals in many ways. don't let what some people in a church fool you..

0|0
    0|1
  • We are really smart animals, but still animals. We aren't the "best" animals by any objective standard. We aren't the strongest, fastest, most agile, most mobile, or the most effective. We aren't even the most successful as a species. There are less than 8 billion of us. There are plenty of animals that outnumber us by far. In fact, you could argue that CHICKENS are more effective at being a species than humans are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those that follow certain religion are sure animals in my eyes.

0|0
    2|2
    • All humans are animals

• Show All
    • Don't be stereotypical.. Because talking about religion.. if your religion is called "ugly" then there is a lot i have to say about that. Ill just let that profile pic. speak for itself.

So are you an animal? 😂😂😂😂

• Specifically? Islam in the major case.

• We are social animals. And we are most dangerous animals on planet. Lol.

1|0
    0|1
  • Of course we aren't animals and people who say that we aren't this special tell me is there an animal that can develop a theory in astrophysics
    We are different kind WE AREN'T ANIMALS

0|0
    1|0
  • of course were animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, We are animals.

1|1
    0|0
  • This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of science.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smart animals

0|0
    0|0
  • yes we are just animals too smart for our own good

0|0
    0|0
  • Bit of a loaded dice question.

0|0
    1|0
    • You don't have to be rude about it!

• Show All
    • I was only joking

• and I just wanted to have 'saiyan' instead of 'saying' ._.

• I believe we're above animals, but we are animal-like in the way we do certain things

0|0
    0|0
  • We have animal cells, bruh!

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course we are animals. We are just a particular type of animal with some uniquely developed characteristics. We have complex language and we can train ourselves (some more than others). Saying this makes us a higher order of being is like an Elephant thinking it is a higher order of being because it is the largest land animal and has a trunk.

1|1
    0|0
    • Is Nicolas Cage a higher or lower animal among us then?