Is it okay for a 16 year old girl to go to a college party?

I was invited, but my friends keep saying I shouldn't go. What do you think?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I would never let my future daughter go to a college party at that age. No. Fucking. Way.

• What do u think would happen differently?

• @KawaiiPie67 yes you are right they do all that

• Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/.../shaking-head.gif

I don't think you should go. You have plenty of time to go to those when you are older.

• I used to go to parties when I was under 16 and drink. College parties in the UK are a bit tame! By the time we reach 18, it's boring to drink because it's legal :p Most college (or uni) parties I've been too were oddly civilised, quiet- it's like they already got all that out of their system when they were 16, 17, 18... They'd get together with friends and watch doctor who and play a quiet drinking game or something and debate life, not really my scene!

If you do go to a party with older people though, just be careful, take a friend or two, don't go on your own obviously and I'm just going to say don't drink at all because I don't want to get into trouble for saying you should! If you do though, just know your limits and don't end up sprawled out on the floor somewhere.

• the people in college are boring indeed. I feel the same here in germany too and I am the oldest in my class

• I have friends who are this way but I never had a class so boring like the one on college, not even that class in a small village was that boring. I only like vodka mixes aswell, best german beer mix is Goasmass (beer + cola + cherry liquor) but my friend doesn't wanna pay that much for drinks so usual vodka way I should have a break too going to a small festival on Friday duh that's gonna be exhausting and gl with your goal

• @OpenWine I'll have to remrmber that cocktail next time I'm out haha.

Yes KawaiiPie67, I commuted to uni, but most of the people there didn't. It would have been much better for me if I'd had a dorm instead, but it was a late placement for me.

When I went out drinking, it was with old schoolmates and a few of the guys and girls who lived near to me, rather than uni people.

I don't know why it's 21 in the US? Maybe it's an echo of those prohibition laws the US used to have? No idea.

• i was going to college parties when i was 16 but i think its different for a guy. nobody is going to try to have sex with me when i get too drunk they will just hide my shoes and draw dicks on my face.

• How do U know no one will? There R lots of gay guys too..

• @KawaiiPie67 depends on the type. if she shoved something up my ass im sure id be a lot more tramatized

• Yeah, I'm glad U made out OK

• hmm.. nahhhh

• I wouldn't recommend it, college guys can be violent idiots.

I'm not making light of this, but mix in lustful people with alcohol or drugs in their systems and it's a setup for bad memories and years of telling Dr. Sphitzer why you cry yourself to sleep every night.

• You shouldn't go

• Okay, yes. Safe, maybe. Dangerous, likely.
    Questions like these are always dependent on all the people involved.

• I see roofies in your future. ...

• Better skip it for now.

• You're too young.

• Are you going with friends of your age?

• No, just myself

• I think you shoudn't go alone, if you really need to go.
      The majority of us will say to notgo and with some good reasons. Things can go wild...

• You'll end up getting fucked by a frat dude.

• I was 14...

• I dont like wen young girls show up to a party. meant for adults.

• Ya just be careful

• Just watch out the guys

• Are you on BC?

What Girls Said 17

• Only with her parents permission it's okay.

If she's also not going to allow herself to be negatively influenced,
    then I would say it's perfectly fine.
    Enjoy yourself!

• I knew a few 16-year-olds who went to college, from my high school.

With one exception, they were pretty reclusive, and clueless about social stuff. That one exception partied HARD.

• NO Young lady! You stay home with apple and knit!

• If you're going alone, I definitely wouldn't recommend that. You have plenty of time when you're in college to go to those parties anyway.

• Walking or getting the bus late at night, especially on your own is dangerous, so your best choice is getting a lift with a friend who you trust that drives or someone's parents.

However, if you're sneaking out and you have to wait for your parents to go to sleep then you probably won't leave for the party until late, so it would be harder for you to get a ride.

Taxis are good, but can be expensive and as a teen, you should never catch a taxi late at night on your own. Always try to go there with other people.

• Not a smart idea AT ALL.

• Not a good idea. Enjoy your teenage years and stay out of preventable trouble. Lol

• Ha college parties are bad news stay at home

• If your mature enough then go ahead. I've gone to a few college parties in the last couple of months and have had a lot of fun. 😊 just don't let some pervy old guys (like 40 yos) take advantage of you, that's what almost happened to me

• Girl they're the best parties, im 16 and i go i mean you shud just be conscious their, live your life you're mature enough to know what's wrong and what's good for you

• don't go.

• I would think you wouldn't have much in common with others there as you're still in high school.

• It could be dangerous... what are you planning to do?

• And if U do go, watch anything U drink or always get a new one. I don't think 16 is that different from an 17 or 18 year old. But it is best U go with other friends, not by yourself.

• No that's like digging up your own grave...

• Umm... No! Sorry, just saying...

• No not even close. Stay home and enjoy being a kid.

• If you want to get roofies dropped in your drink, sure.