What's New York City like?

Any recommendations of places to see?

Do you have any good stories from living or travelling there?

Most Helpful Guy

• New York is beyond your wildest imagination but growing up there makes me a little biased. Multicultural to its core if you like people you will meet people from all over the world. Theaters, shopping, restaurants, ethnic foods of all types. Chinatown, Little Italy, Spanish Harlem, subways, jazz, blues, rock, goth, punk, latin music. No place better to be around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Stories I have millions of them. I've been in every major city in the US and nothing beats NYC. To quote a mid western friend "I used to think Chicago was big, but compared to NYC it's a cow town.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everytime you fart its 10 bucks
    High end fashion
    Very clean environment
    Fast pacing people
    Cabs everywhere. No point in buying a car.

What Guys Said 4

• Times Square wasn't the least bit of what I expected. and literally every single New Yorker I know avoids that area like a plague, especially on holidays.

• what do you mean?

• @COCOCHANEL a lot of hype is conducted around Times Square, how its so cool and amazing and all the lights on the buildings make your eyes gaze in wonder, but the people who actually live in NYC never go to Times Square because its really not as great as other people hype it up to be. When I saw it for the first time, the lights were cool, because I've never seen that many lights on buildings concentrated in one area before, but that moment only lasted like 10 seconds lol.

• It's like a huge sewer with tall buildings coming out of it

• Noisy, stinky, crowded.

• the place sucks asshole

What Girls Said 1

• i wanna go there and see the swanky lounges