Took a pregnancy test, it's positive; should I tell my boyfriend now, or wait 'til I'm absolutely sure?

Really freaking out. I know I should take more tests, and make sure with a doctors visit, but should I go ahead and tell him now. We've been together for a year, and are pretty serious, we even live together. I'm just not sure how to handle it. Mostly need guys opinions, but all will help. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Very very much wait until you are sure. You will likely send him into a panic if it was unexpected or unintended. Be kind about it and make sure first.

Far better to give a definite than a maybe.

Most Helpful Girl

• Contradictory to current opinions, I would tell him.

It gives him the chance to support you and also gives you the chance to know his answer - the earlier you know the longer you have to decide on keeping or not. Also means he could come with you and that's a good thing.

It's a good indicator of how he would feel
    About kids.

Plus you can never have the "you didn't tell me immediately!!!" Hanging over your head.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him now so he can be there for your support when you go get checked out. Plus its giving him the benefit of complete transparency. You know how the saying goes: News doesn't get better with age.

What Girls Said 4

• Go ahead and take another test or two. Then, if they're positive, I would tell him and invite him to come to the doctor with you. Or if you'd rather wait and surprise him, you can do that too.

It's gonna be fine. :) Congratulations!

• You are sure. Its highly unlikely its a false positive. And you shouldn't be the only one dealing with this right now. y'all are supposed to be together on everything right.

• definitely wait until you're sure. you're anxious now, but imagine how you'll feel after his reaction. it will just intensify the situation. Just calm down, take another test, go to the doctor and handle it.

Having a kid isn't the end of the world, it's definitely possible to build your life around it. Or there are alternative options, which you can discuss with your boyfriend when you're sure!

• Take a few more tests just to be sure and then tell him.