How does God view war?

Hi. Have you ever wondered how God viewed war? What are your thoughts about war? Please let me know.
How does God view war?

Most Helpful Guy

• (1.) Don't read that watchtower stuff, it's all bad for you.
    (2.) God doesn't like war but then again he has to fight a war with evil all the time. whwn it comes to humans warring, I think it depends on the cause of the war and how the soldiers fight. A war of attrition sparked by hate surely can't sit well with God, but a war to free an oppressor made people does, as you'll find many times in the bible.

• Have you read this booklet?
      Surely, as stated in the bible, in (proverbs 3:9-17)

Honor Jehovah with your valuable things,+
      With the firstfruits* of all your produce;*+
      10 Then your storehouses will be completely filled,+
      And your vats* will overflow with new wine.
      11 My son, do not reject the discipline of Jehovah,+
      And do not loathe his reproof,+
      12 For those whom Jehovah loves he reproves,+
      Just as a father does a son in whom he delights.+
      13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom+
      And the man who acquires discernment;
      14 To gain it is better than gaining silver,
      And having it as profit is better than having gold.+
      15 It is more precious than corals;*
      Nothing you desire can compare to it.
      16 Long life is in its right hand;
      Riches and glory are in its left hand.
      17 Its ways are pleasant,
      And all its paths are peaceful.+

If you were to say that Jesus is God... Well, let me ask you, what does (Isaiah 42:8) say?
      am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.

• For the comment at the second part... What do you speak of, the law covenant or the new covanent?

The law covenant (old one), of which you speak of..
      The Law covenant was between Jehovah and natural Israel; the new covenant is between Jehovah and spiritual Is- rael. Moses was the mediator of the former covenant; Jesus is the Me- diator of the new one. The Law cove- nant was validated by means of ani- mal blood; the new covenant was validated by the shed blood of Jesus. And the nation of Israel was organized through the Law cove- nant under Moses; those in the new covenant are organized un- der Jesus—the Head of the congre- gation. (Eph. 1:22) The new cove- nant relates to the Kingdom in that it produces a holy nation that has the privilege of becoming kings and priests in that heavenly Kingdom. That nation constitutes the second- ary part of Abraham’s offspring

What Guys Said 6

• Well, God created governmental structures as well as borders for land. And when those things stop functioning properly, wars will happen and new governments will come in. God is not controlling this though. This is just the natural function of the way things go. The course of this world so to speak.

• You are completely right. Jehovah doesn't like war at all that is why it pains him when it happens. When people go to war they aren't showing love. When Jesus was talking to his disciples he was telling them the commandments they must to do to be in union with Jehovah (God) in (Matthew 22:37-39)"He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah* your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul* and with your whole mind.’+ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’" so this shows that we should love Jehovah aswell as our brothers and sisters on this earth.

In (1 john 4:8) it says "Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love."
      It shows God is love, so if he is love why would he cause suffering?

You are completely right, sir.

• Yes I am.

• Take a look at right division
      www.youtube.com/watch

• ... with Zeiss binoculars

• May I ask, why are you being so immature in a subject that is so important to not only you, but everyone in the world.

• “God Is Not One to Be Mocked.” The apostle Paul warns of the serious danger that attends an attempt to mock God, that is, the danger that comes to one who thinks that the principles of God’s administration can be treated with contempt or can successfully be evaded. He writes to the Galatian Christians: “For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind. . . . Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap; because he who is sowing with a view to his flesh will reap corruption from his flesh, but he who is sowing with a view to the spirit will reap everlasting life from the spirit.”—Ga 6:3-8.

• Here the apostle shows that a person should not deceive himself with a false estimate of his own worth, thereby ignoring God and his Word. He should clean up his life to walk by the spirit as the Word directs. If a person does not do this, but instead goes on sowing with a view to fleshly desires, he is ‘accepting the undeserved kindness of God and missing its purpose’ and is treating God’s instruction as contemptible. (2Co 6:1) He may deceive himself into thinking that he is safe. Nevertheless, God knows his heart and will judge him accordingly.

• U can believe what u want, dear friend. But I believe that humans and humans alone invented war and this is no God

• Who is God?

“May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.”
      Psalm 83:18 [Page 819]
      “Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him.”
      Psalm 100:3 [Page 831]
      “I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to
      no one else, nor my praise to graven images.”
      Isaiah 42:8 [Page 993]
      “Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah
      will be saved.”
      Romans 10:13 [Page 1518]
      “Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.” Hebrews 3:4 [Page 1602]

• Do you see the seriousness of what transpired? The Devil contradicted what God had said to Adam. Satan’s words implied that Adam and Eve would not need Jehovah in order to decide what was good and what was bad for them. Satan’s challenge therefore brought into question the right and validity of Jehovah’s rulership over man. The all-important issue that Satan raised, then, was that of the rightfulness of Jehovah’s sovereignty. How did the true God answer the challenge?

• Alright since this is taking up too much of my notifications, I'm gonna stop replying to these :P

But just saying, Creationists don't all agree on the matter, either.

THen why did God create the Neanderthals? And why did they die out?

Survival of the fittest. Evolution. Natural selection.

• God stays away from the war and lets humanity destroys themselves

• Well, God doesn't sit back and just watch. God is not impartial, he is loving. It is stated in the bible he is loving so why would he cause or watch suffering on his on hand? As stated in the bible, when human kind murder, steal, etc it's like a needle being stickers into his eye. Jehovah is a God of love, justice, and he his a God of righteousness. War will soon end because God has promised us a place where it is peace in (John 5:28-29) not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life. This is vital proof that Jehovah will resurrect those to a new life of peace.

• We believe in God

• Indeed.
      When Jesus was on the torture stake he said “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” who do you think he was talking to? (If I may ask)

In (Isaiah 42:8) it says " I am Jehovah. That is my name;
      I give my glory to no one else,*
      Nor my praise to graven images"

What are your thoughts on the scriptures I've provided you with?

• he doesn't like it

• There is no God.

• In (Genesis 1:1) it says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.".
      If you believe in evolution can I ask you a question? If the Big Bang theory really happened why can earth hold life, yet other planets can't? If all planets came from the Big Bang theory, wouldn't they all have the same characteristics?

Some cells are more complex than others. According to one reference, how simpler cells could develop into more complex cells is “often rated the second major evolutionary mystery, after the origin of life.”
      Scientists have discovered within each cell intricate molecular machines composed of protein molecules that cooperate to perform complex tasks. These tasks include transporting and converting nutrients into energy, repairing parts of the cell, and conveying messages throughout the cell. Could random mutations and natural selection account for the assembling and functioning of such sophisticated components? Many find that concept difficult to accept.

Animals and hum

• They were calling out at the top of their voice and cutting themselves with daggers and lances, according to their custom, until their blood gushed out all over them. 29 Noon was past and they continued in a frenzy* until the time the evening grain offering is presented, but there was no voice and no one answering; no one was paying attention. At length E·liʹjah said to all the people: “Approach me.” So all the people approached him. Then he repaired the altar of Jehovah that had been torn down.+ 31 E·liʹjah then took 12 stones, corresponding to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, to whom Jehovah’s word had come, saying: “Israel will be your name.”+ 32 With the stones he built an altar+ in the name of Jehovah. Then he made a trench all around the altar, an area large enough to sow with two seah measures* of seed. 33 After that he put the pieces of wood in order, cut the young bull into pieces, and placed it on the wood.+ He now said: “Fill four large jars with water

• and pour it on the burnt offering and on the pieces of wood.” 34 Then he said: “Do it again.” So they did it again. Once more he said: “Do it a third time.” So they did it a third time. 35 And the water ran all around the altar, and he also filled the trench with water.
      36 About the time when the evening grain offering is presented,+ E·liʹjah the prophet stepped forward and said: “O Jehovah, the God of Abraham,+ Isaac,+ and Israel, today let it be known that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and that it is by your word that I have done all these things.+ 37 Answer me, O Jehovah! Answer me so that this people may know that you, Jehovah, are the true God and that you are turning their hearts back to you.”+
      38 At that the fire of Jehovah fell from above and consumed the burnt offering,+ the pieces of wood, the stones, and the dust, and it licked up the water from the trench.

What Girls Said 0