If a police dog just stops me and demands my I. D. , do I have to show it?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course, police is police, doesn't matter if they are a dog they are still an authority!

Most Helpful Guy

• If a talking do demanded my ID I'd laugh at it, that's what I do to anyone that asks...

What Girls Said 1

• yes :) Constable Woof has an immense amount of authority.

What Guys Said 6

• No. But you must rub its belly.

• how is a dog going to ask you for your ID :-) if he does call the papers you have a real story

• A police dog is trained to detect drugs and all them shit, so you better cooperate

• Know your rights man.

• The police have to have reasonable suspicion that you have committed a crime. Therefore you don't have to provide ID so long as you aren't holding contraband. When they search you and find nothing on you they won't be able to charge you for not providing an ID since there's no crime

• That is to say they can charge you. But the charge won't stick in court.

• how do u give ur id to a dog

• Show it but don't hand it to them, exactly like you shouldn't let them in to your house unless they have a warrant. People tend to trust policemen, and bad people use this fact to trick people, pretending to be policemen.