How do YOU pack your bags for a trip?

Do you just go by what you know you'll wear, a specific style theme, or just strictly based on what the weather will be like where you're going?

How far out do you pack?

I have 21 days until my trip, and, I have nothing packed. Giving me anxiety, and I'm TRYING to pack at least SOMETHING but I have no idea what I want to wear. Literally no idea. No clothing item is jumping out at me as something I should pack or need to pack.

And if I can't figure it out 21 days ahead, then I'm definitely going to be screwed if I let it sit and wait until like...5 days ahead.

I'm actually procrastinating (can it be considered procrastinating if it's something done in advance and yet you're still putting it off?) by asking this question, but maybe your answers will inspire me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately it is a lot easier for a guy - You are going Friday and coming back Monday, 3 nights - So going Friday travel comfy gear plus a pair of jeans and shoes - In bag 3 shirts for nights out ( which you wear next day during day) spare jeans, spare shoes, You can go totally fresh 7 changes of underwear or cut price 3 changes of underwear for nights out ( next day wearing principle applies ) - Toiletries. I my dear am now packed.

Most Helpful Girl

• I pack really weird. I pack by outfit. I'll put an outfit together for each day and stack them on top of each other in the suitcase (it's really weird). I'm very much a planner. haha
    I try to only take what I need, but somehow I still end up over packing.. I don't know how that happens.

• Same! I just... can't figure out what outfits to put together. :/

What Guys Said 11

• See with me, I literally just wear the same shit.
    Brown Leather Jacket
    Black t shirt
    Black Jeans
    Black boots
    That's all that's in my wardrobe.

• I'll begin with the underwear... for a guy that's fairly easy. Just 2 sorts of items to pack - no bras or pantyhose (no really not hahaha)!
    I'd take into account the expected climate but always foresee some items for other types of weather :-(

• I usually wait til the night before haha
    But as to what I pack, I first consider how long I'll be there.
    Four days?
    Alright, five pairs of underwear, five pairs of socks,
    Four shirts, two pairs of jeans, toiletries, and a trash bag for my dirty clothes.
    Now consider your situation, going out much, seeing "someone" you want to look good for, physical activities?
    Those all effect what clothes you should bring.

• I pack what I need and what is necessary, nothing less, nothing more.

• I just throw clothes in my bag. Make sure I have extra socks and boxers. Where are you going?

• With the help of my hands 😶

• i just throw my cloths in and anything else i need and shut it. my mom hates it

• I throw shit in my bag the night before. I put absolutely zero thought into what I pack.

• I have a checklist for whenever I travel to make sure I don't forget anything.

• all i'll need is one outfit and my games. i wash every time after using the restroom

• Well damn son! Females prep 21 days in advance? Smh wooaahh

What Girls Said 11

• I put outfits together, even pairing the same pants with different tops, just so I can know ahead of time what looks good together, so pack your favorite pieces of clothing but make sure to pair it with something ahead of time so once you get to your destination you're not squandering over what to wear, regardless of if you like it or not.
    Also for me, I roll my clothes tightly instead of folding them.

• M'whole closet is organized by color.

Pick one color. Everything else black and white. Ready to go in 5 minutes.
    As for other essentials, I keep a set pre-packed. Stock it lock it go.

I travel a LOT.

• I throw everythinig in a bag!

• first i research what the weather will be like wherever i'm headed.
    then i calculate then number of shirts / jeans / undies whatever i'd need to last for X number of days. after i have the numbers sorted, then i actually plan out weather and event-appropriate outfits. i generally pack a few fancy things, lots of active wear if i'm sightseeing or whatever, that sort of thing. and extra shoes/heels/sneakers

• I pack WAAAY ahead of time just cause excited.
    It's usually what I usually wear (leggings and band shirts)
    but depending on the weather I'll bring something that fits for it.
    (dresses and shorts, or sweats and hoodies)

• Exactly! The excitement makes me want to pack like the minute I buy my plane ticket, which is usually like three months out from a trip if not more lol. Problematic when you don't have a lot of clothes lol

• I all ways start with my underwear then shoes once i have my shoes i can pick outfits that i can mix and match with eachother easy and will match my limited amount off shoes i can chose from on the trip

• I'm an obsessive compulsive control freak so I'd have a specific outfit planned for everyday and quite a few back-up outfits prepared. 😕

• Yeah! I like want enough outfits to have variety, but I don't have a lot of space because I'm just bringing a backpack (easier since I'll have like 3 hours in an airport).

And I don't have any specific activities planned 'cause it's a "go with the flow" trip so I don't have anything I need any specific clothing items for. It's giving me too much freedom with just enough restriction (space) that it's overwhelming lol

• How long is this trip?

• I'll be there like 11:30AM Friday til 5PM Monday.

• for the clothing, it depends on the weather and the purpose of my trip.
    Now when do I start? Fuckin' last minute girl... I am always late in everything. Time management isn't my thing :/

• Yeah, I'm always super prepared ahead of time. Get it from my mom lol

• I always wind up pack of everything in my closet. But never enough camis and underwear 😂

• I bring as much as possible clothes-wise so I have options.

• I base my decision mainly on the weather and I pack the day before