I started my weight-loss shots yesterday?

I started my weight-loss shots yesterday after my doctor prescribed it for me. Giving the shot is not hard to do at all the needle doesn't hurt, neither injecting the medicine either. The only part I am working on is getting over my needle anxiety which makes me light headed while the medicine is going in my stomach, who wouldn't be right lol. If that doesn't go away I might have to switch back to the once a week shot, im told the one im one now works better for losing weight. My highest weight was 220 I dropped that quick though, the doctor said I was 100 pound over weight I'm supposed to be 120 for my height and weight which I do not want to be that skinny I rather be like 140 so I can keep all my curves. As of 1-14-16 I am 190 I am happy about this b/c im losing it fast, as long as I excersize and eat properly I shouldn't gain it back either. Has anyone else been on any weight loss shots like me if so tell me about it Id love to hear your story even though im just starting mine.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• No offence but I think weight loss shots are pretty moronic. Losing weight is about eating healthily and working out a lot. It's a very simple thing. If you burn more calories than you take in, you lose weight. There's no magic medicine that will do the job for you. Also, I'm generally against taking medicine but non-urgent stuff. I also try to never take aspirins except when my headache is really unbearable. I don't think it's healthy to take so much medicine.

What Girls Said 3

• Are these shots an appetite suppressant? I have never heard of this:) 120lbs seems awfully thin!

• This medication increases insulin production in response to meals and decreases the amount of sugar (glucose) that the liver produces. Victoza also slows the emptying of food from the stomach (so it holds the food in your stomach longer) and decreases the amount of food that people eat. I notice it also makes me drink a lot of water.

• Its prevents your liver from making too much glucose. I'm only border line diabetic so it does prevent diabetes for me. here is a link that tells you everything, www.victoza.com/.../your-first-injection.html

• Wow! You rock!

• I've never been on weight los shots or even heard of them..
    Is that safe? What is it?

I've also never been needle-phobic. So I can't really help there either. I used to stick myself for fun as a kid, and getting piercings are fun, I watch myself gets shots haha.
    Why needle phobic?

• There safe you just go by directions. the med holds the food in your stomach and you dont other tells your brain when your actually hungry instead of obsessing over food. not seeing where the needle is going exactly is kinda scary.

• Too lazy to workout.. I thought so

• tf of my page, stop looking through my stuff since you didn't like my question. Don't put some one down because you got hurt. some one needs to work on there self esteem.

• lol why would i want to know some random fatties last name?

• You were thinking about just a few minutes ago when you posted that comment, now go do something else instead of creeping through my page all day, bye nigga