Guys would you date a feminist? Or would you run far away?

So you meet a cute girl and she tell you she's a feminist, what would you do? Lie and say you're one or walk away

Most Helpful Girl

• If i were into girls, i would most likely not date a feminist. but it would have to depend on the level of feminism they represent out loud. though i obviously have to believe in womens rights, i have to say that most feminists are SO annoying! im happy they represent something they believe in and choose to preach it. but they typically resort to blaming things on men and saying they have no respect for them, so on and so forth... depends on the feminist. hahaha

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what she means by feminist.
    Wants equal rights? Sure.
    Thinks that the wage gap is real and that consent can be removed post-coitus, I'm running far away.
    Slowly, cuz I'm fat, but surely.

What Girls Said 7

• I would not date a feminist.

• Why?

• @WhiteRosesHaveThorns *making up things

• Asker I don't where you are from but here it is thought of as weak and feminine if men cry

• Meh, my boyfriend's dating me which I'm pretty happy about :P I probably would date someone who wasn't a feminist, as long as they don't bash me for being one and they did believe in equal rights.

• Do you ever think you'll get married?

• Meh, I wouldn't like him asking my father for his permission. It's my permission that's important, after all :P Even if my father said no, it's up to me whether I want to spend my life with that person and what my father says shouldn't matter, y'know? I don't like the song but that's just because I don't think it's a very good song, it's not really my kind of thing.

• Cool

• Sheesh, even I'm afraid of feminists. RUN!!! Lol

• How far? Lmao

• @Asker now you're putting words in my mouth.
      Who said anything about hating women?
      Or is accusing anyone that disagrees with your opinions or agenda your only form of comeback. You might want to un-clench those butt cheeks a little it sounds like you're taking the discussion way to personal.

• @gapminder sarcasm bro, you jumped the gun not me. Lmfao

• I wouldn't date a guy who thought feminism was a bad thing. I date to marry, and I'd definitely want to marry a man who believes our future daughters should have the same rights, respect, and opportunities as our future sons.

I mean, that seems like a given.

• But you dont have to be a feminist to believe that. Where I'm from there is no feminist movement and girls are out performing boys and no one is trying to hold them back. In fact women are well supported by men. Just asking?

• @snowangle The thing is, actions speak louder than words. And feminism, per the actions of feminist organizations such as National Organization of Women (which denies the existence of male rape, actively supports female rapists in court, tries to lower grade requirements of female students, supports female perpetrators of domestic abuse, etc...) is hideous in terms of its actions.

You speak from a standpoint of an egalitarian and you claim to be a feminist because you identify with the dictionary definition of feminism. But at the end of the day, REAL actions and REAL effects of feminism is what determines its meaning. And the actions of feminism is disgusting.
      Real feminists are like Susam BrownMiller www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a24647-feminist-rape-culture-are-all-men-rapists-yes

I'm almost positive you would not want to associate with her.

• are* Susan*

• Seeing as a Feminist is simply one that supports women's rights, I don't see why that would have any bearing on why someone would date one or not. It's an idiotic criteria in my opinion unless if the person is avidly irrational... but there's no way to know that off of first glance.

• Are there rational feminist?

• There is a wage gap... Ugh. I can't post links but I will return to this question when I can. I'm bookmarking it for now.

And there are some rights that men have never had that they should get. Not all Feminists are horrid.

• can't wait keep it clean tho

• Depends on her beliefs, if she's run-away worthy or not

• I'm only into dating feminist guys

What Guys Said 25

• If she feels the need to tell me she is a feminist that early on that is a huge red flag I can not ignore. There is no way I would give her a chance after that. The only people that go around announcing what they are like that, are the people that have a chip on their shoulder.

The average person accepts that men and women should have equal rights, therefore it is stupid to think you need to tell someone that when you first meet. The only women that will go out of their way to do this are women that have serious issues with men.

The kind of women that run around telling men they are feminists are the same nut jobs that think every woman needs to learn to fight because men are rapists and other sexist crap like that. A woman that simply believes in equality may or may not identify as a feminists, but it isn't going to be something so important to her that she needs to go around telling people about it when they first meet.

• Yes, my girlfriend is a feminist. But she's not the type of "feminist" that American guys seem to believe are feminists (according to all the guys on GaG). Because those aren't feminists, those are usually just stupid morally arrogant women who have very little in common with actual feminists. The American media (especially the right-wing media) has totally brainfucked the American public. Now it's apparently bad to be in favor of equal rights.

• Lol, if you look into the history of feminism, you will see that your girlfriend is the one who isn't a feminist. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a24647-feminist-rape-culture-are-all-men-rapists-yes

Your girlfriend may be an egalitarian, but not a feminist.

• @WhiteRosesHaveThorns When I see the word feminist in a question, I will answer assuming its a REAL feminist. I have been friends with many people who were egalitarians (who considered themselves feminists) obviously I would date such a person. As a matter of fact, both my girlfriend and I used to consider ourselves feminists until we realized that we were actually egalitarian. Purely a definition issue.

• No I dont date women like that

• I've never met a feminist that isn't bat shit crazy

• 1|6
  • I'd never ever lol they are usually most butthurt psycho ones who had problems in their past with other dudes, I once almost banged a feminist doe but she said she'd only give head if I lick her down below and is only fair because woman's role shouldn't be only to please other party she having it with and she's done with that shit lmao Funny thing is I never even asked for head I was just gonna go straight in but then she freaked out and I stopped texting. She still see me in school, I never cared about texting her again doe lol

• 0|1
  • Nope not even close, would sooner jump into molten plastic.

• well it depends on if she is the media version of a feminist or an actual feminist. if she's the media version (bad) then run. if she fits the actual description (equality in general) then i would. look up the actual definition and determin for yourself if she is they type of person you want.

• Would I date most feminists. Fuck NO!

• I married one.

• Honestly I want nothing to do with them.

• I wouldn't date a feminist, no thanks...

• I would walk away and find a girl who isn't a feminist.

• I'd have a hard time hiding my disappointment.

• I am a guy
    I believe and men and women must be treated equally and discrimination must be cast away from the world
    I would rather get fucked by 10 guys at a time instead of dating a feminist

• I would be honest about my own views and see how things work out. I wouldn't not date one just because they hold viewpoints that might differ from my own, though I wouldn't necessarily prefer them either. If she can tolerate my views than I can I can tolerate hers, and if things ever get more serious where views can come into conflict--like marriage or children--then we will resolve it then and perhaps come to a peaceful compromise.

• Me being a feminist (No, this is not a lie, since when can a man not be a feminist?), if she's a feminist, that's great. If she's a feminazi, run away. But quite frankly, if she states outright when meeting that she's a feminist, she's probably a feminazi.

• RUN NIGGA RUNNNNN!!!

• I would totally date a feminist.

• I'd run and never look back.

• Depends on what kind of feminist she is.

• i dont think a real feminist would tell me she's a feminist until down the line.

• It's cute how you think we'd have to "lie" to say we're one too. I'm a feminist and I'd have no problem dating a feminist woman.

• I had a girlfriend who told me she was a vegetarian. I asked her if it was some kind of ideological thing thing or if she just didn't like meat. She said she just didn't like meat.

So I took her to the best steakhouse in town. Turned out she just didn't like the kind of meat she could afford.

I think a feminist is kind of the same thing. Lots of women call themselves feminists because they are angry about how they get treated. Treat them right and the anger goes away. Unless of course it's some kind of ideological/psycological identity for them. That kind of feminist you should avoid.