What was your favorite Alan Rickman performance?

So what was your favorite performance by Alan Rickman?

I enjoyed his work, for the most part. I think my favorite performance of his was his role in Truly, Madly, Deeply, a film not very well known here in the states. It's kind of like Ghost, if Ghost were a good movie. ;)

I have some difficulty watching Truly, Madly, Deeply since my wife's passing, as I find myself living it, except the genders are reversed... and my wife hasn't come back as a ghost.

Most Helpful Girl

• Either the Harry Potter movies or Galaxy Quest.
    Its such a shame he passed away :(

• Yeah, I liked most of his work. Between the two you chose, I would go with Galaxy Quest, but that's just me. Mind you, I only saw the first Harry Potter. Out of curiosity, have you ever even heard of Truly, Madly, Deeply?

• Already put it on my watchlist on IMDB after reading the synopsis, thank you :)

• Thanks for MH :)

Most Helpful Guy

• RIP Alan Rickman. By Grabthar's Hammer, you shall be avenged.

• Oh, I forgot that performance, too! Galaxy Quest was brilliant.

• Thanks for MHO. My second favorite was pretty easily in Harry Potter. :)
      Can you imagine if he died before the series ended? D:

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Robin Hood

• Really, I thought that was his worst performance... or at least the worst movie he's been in. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

• Because it's a bad movie doesn't mean everyone sucks in their performances. He carried the movie

• Interesting.

• I have not seen many Alan Rickman films, but I enjoyed his Die Hard performance and I think he truly captured Professor Snapes character from the Harry Potter novels

• I only saw the first Harry Potter movie, and I thought his performance in that was solid.

• Yeah he had a solid performance in the first one. I think the last few Potter films were better for Snape because it explained his backstory and all that so Rickman had much more screen time

• It's between Snape, Judge Turpin and the voice of Marvin in Hitchhiker's Guide. Ultimately, I'd probably choose Snape but I really like all of those characters.

• OH! I forgot Hitchhiker's Guide! He was great in that. What movie was Judge Turpin in?

• Sweeney Todd. It's a kind of macabre musical. He was also very funny in Galaxy Quest. I feel like he was an underappreciated actor and I wish I had seen him in more things.

• I see. I didn't watch Sweeney Todd.

• 1. Truly, Madly, Deeply
    2. Dogma
    3. Die Hard
    4. Micheal Collins
    5. Bottle Shock

• You know of Bottle Shock? Few people seem to have seen that movie.

• Yes. I liked the movie. I have been to the real Chateau Montelena.