Is it weird for someone my age to not have any social media accounts?

I'm 18 and I don't have any social media accounts because I think it's a waste of time. Do you think this is weird? Would you be friends with someone who doesn't use social media

Most Helpful Girl

• Loads of my friends don't have them or deactivated them to focus on school. They might have kept one like instagram but barely use it so yeah its normal

• That's why I don't use it. I want to go to Columbia University and you have to be fully committed to school to get accepted there

• I applied but it's very hard once you get in also so I'll probably stay off of social media. The only one I'd consider getting is snapchat because it'll be a good way to keep in touch with my friends at other colleges

• Haha well there you go
      Focus on studies

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it's weird, and of course I would. Actually, I think being away from social media can be a really good thing, although I use some forms of it myself. People tend to get too wrapped up in it, and some are really irresponsible about what they post and don't realize that it's out there forever, even after they delete it sometimes. There's definitely nothing wrong with not having social media.

• LOL you're using social media right now so...

• I don't think this is considered social media. I think of it as just an anonymous place to ask and answer questions

• I don't talk to anyone on here in real life or post pictures and they don't know who I am so it's nothing like having a Facebook or instagram

• It's a community driven website. It's social media. You're talking to me right now, so obviously you talk to people on here.

• It's not weird, quite a few people don't have social media

• i have none either. except this thing.

What Guys Said 2

• i'm the same way as you are. the only reason i have a face book account is i took a few collage classes and the teacher post job prospects to it other wise i wouldn't have one ether and for the same reasons

• Ummm... you have this account

• This isn't social media. It's just a website for asking questions anonymously. It's not anything like Facebook, instagram, or snapchat

• rs210.pbsrc.com/.../seriously.gif~c200
      A search engine? It is not.
      It's ok to admit you are wrong, it's how we learn. This is social media, you have a profile and can follow other profiles. Look we are carrying on a conversation!