Anyone notice that you never see intelligent people say things like?

"Grades don't matter as much as life" or "live your life to the fullest" or basically any sort of "motivational" bs? You'll never see someone who's a future scientist get on social media and post bs about lving life to fullest or anything. I alway find this very funny

Most Helpful Girl

• True, but are the types of people who are most likely to need balance in their lives the kind of people that actively strive for it? For example, someone whose only dream is to work for NASA on a Mars project will probably let all other areas of their lives fall to the wayside in favour of reaching that goal - their health, physical and mental, their relationships, certainly their hobbies.

I think the important thing to remember is that academic success or failure doesn't *have* to define you. It's not the only thing that matters.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know a lot of scientists, but I don't know a single working scientist on social media. (I don't know any celebrity scientists, though.) Research scientists are likelier to be on Wikipedia than Facebook. That's number one.

Number two, scientists (for example) do indeed say things like that, especially to people they care about. Those aren't insipid assertions. They're good advice, and likely to lead to enhanced quality of life.

Perhaps the general explanation here is that smart people don't generally go around volunteering advice or reassurance or support, uninvited, to people they don't know well, given that such behavior is often seen as rude or at best unwelcome.

What Girls Said 4

• Yr right, no smart people ever said anything like that.

OH WAIT.
    You may have heard of this dude:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...fd76135f9e.jpg

• It depends on how you define a good life. Some people think having fun and adventures 24/7 is a good life. Others think getting a higher degree and making bank is a good life. And other people want something in between.

Just consider who is more likely to be posting existentialist stuff on social media. It's kind of biased from the get-go.

• Because they got the brains and are focusing too much on work or study to be posting on insta 😂 for all we know they might have found the fast cure to cancer like why a would they waste time on insta

• I think it's a little early to say you'll never see a future scientist post something on social media. This is the first generation to grow up with the internet and social media.

What Guys Said 7

• Most people wouldn't believe it because I troll on here so much but I'm considered to be above average intelligence and I say those things. Life is about balance. It sounds like you are trying to rationalize your inadequacies right now.

• You actually sound smart when you're not getting banged by Tyrone! :o

• @AnonStar with what user name?

• @buchitabuchy?

• Totally. My personal fav is when people in uni said "employers like C students BC they work harder than A students and know what it is like to struggle" Hahaha like wth do they get that? Grades are critical to obtain a top tier position and your first job out of uni.

• i'm having a hard time answering this one because in some ways its true but in other ways it isn't. before you judge you might want to take a minute and ponder something. some intelligent people who are future scientists are to buzy for our type of social media. they are on there own pages talking about the next paper the are writing or something similar.
    as someone who was tested in high school and got a score of 156 is a joke because i sucked at school. isn't that one of the ways people are judged by how well they did in school? if thats the case im a moron because of my low grade. so the question gones back to you. what makes someone intelligent good at school or the IQ test?

• Grades doesn't matter as much, when you live your life to it's fullest.
    There, how'd you like my clever rephrasing skills?

I'm couldn't ever spend my time indoors doing scientist stuff though
    so I guess that counts me out? ^.~

• Studying hard is also essential. Either you get all As and Bs or be a nobody in life. Because you need an education to earn a little for you and your family. An idle man can still do something for himself if he's lucky enough to come across a job he or she likes.

Sometimes however there are things better left unknown to you, since your mind can recall and explain to you all the visual information. It's much harder to forget things you dislike. Knowledge somewhat comes with a brutal price. Look up 2girls1cup and tell me your the results and try your hardest to forget it...

• To be honest, grades don't matter as much as long as you pass... In the end you get the same piece of paper.

• Yeah but that's nit the end. After that piece of paper people with good grades go on to develop important scientific devices or make important discoveries and the others go on to a dead end job in a office

• Ironic

in my opinion, it's usually the "ayy lmao live life to le fullest yolo" that actually are exceedingly intelligent.

• Really? The majority of people I meet like that say things about being successful and then drop out of school to sell hats on street corners