What do you think about Einstein-Rosen Bridge?

Or wormhole. Is that possible?
And if you didn't, you should watch "Interstellar"

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

• In theory, yes, they can exist, but are fantastically unstable. However, we really don't know enough about cosmology to be sure of the possibility of them. Seriously, our physics is not thoroughly robust enough to be able to be certain of such things and we won't be for a very long time because to prove and verify such things would involve being in distant space.

1|0
    0|0
    • You're right. Best answer for now :)

• Show All
    • Wow! Then you deserved MHO! :)

• Wassup with the downvotes? I mean, geez, I've had a BS in physics for 31 years, a minor in astronomy, and worked in the space industry... I actually do know a few things...

What Guys Said 4

• That was a black hole in interstellar and yes its theoretically very possible, as a matter of fact we haven't seen one but its sure to exist. The fabric of space (the blackness) can be manipulated and warped. A wormhole is just two points in space that curve to make the distance from point A to B much shorter.

But going into a black hole is just assuming things. The mathematical equations and all laws of physics and science break down when we try to solve the center of a black hole. Which probably means it doesn't have the same properties as our 3D universe. Most likely the worm hole won't be inside a black hole.

1|0
    0|0
  • Interstellar had so many things scientifically wrong with it. As a scientist I couldn't watch it.

1|0
    0|0
  • its almost impossible!

1|0
    0|0
  • i think its nonsense. i'm a phd physicist. and i consider this concept a product of shallow imagination. its NOT science.

1|0
    0|0
    • einstein is not the god the media brainwashed an entire planet to believe he is. i honestly tell you we will witness a great paradigm shift in science in the next decade, and people will see him for the spiritual dwarf he actually is. its true that we stand on the shoulders of giants, but these true giants are completely unknown to the broad masses compared to the overadvertised popular ones.

• Show All
    • Its considered theoretical physics. Which is a branch of physics that directly touches base with 'shallow imagination'

• @TripleAce thats why it stopped being natural philosophy for a century now. they are not just theoretical but a weak hypothesis. you'll see a great paradigm shift in the next decade.

What Girls Said 2

• Is it possible now, given our current knowledge, technology and expertise? I rather doubt it. Could it be possible in future? Maybe. It's difficult to speculate about technological advancements.

In the 50s, they thought we would have flying cars by now. We quite obviously don't.

1|0
    0|2
  • It's definitely thought provoking.
    You can't say it is impossible because this universe holds many mysteries.

0|0
    0|0