Anyone having trouble with their car or any car questions in general?

Really bored and so decided to ask this. If you do, just comment below and i'll try my best to help.

Anyone else?

What Girls Said 1

• It's not a huge deal, but it's slightly annoying.
    I drive a 2009 Ford Escape XLT and it has a tire pressure sensor that will tell me when one of my tires has low pressure. Well, a few months back I ran over a nail and had a slow leak. I had my rear tires replaced because they were shot anyway and it was recommended, but my dash will occasionally ding and light up saying "TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR FAULT" ever since I got the new tires. It hasn't done it for a couple of weeks now, and it only does it on the highway, but it is kind of annoying to have the flashing "(!)" sign and dinging on my commutes.
    Also, my passenger side visor was ripped out of the ceiling on the clip side and the screw to hold it in is stripped. I was told that there is a cheap and easy way to fix it, but I haven't made any attempts due to a lack of time and the fact that it doesn't interfere with the drive-ability of the car.

• ok so that signal means that you are losing tire pressure. Since you have a TPS, did the mechanic reset the sensor?

The visor thing is ok, You need it when it's sunny (or your passenger does). Back to the tps... either the tps sensor is not working right, they forgot to reset it (which stil... i dont think it should matter), or you really are losing air pressure. Check that tire and the check the rest of the tires.

if it says the sensor it as fault then i think the sensor might be messed up and you need a new one. First i would check the tire pressure of the "faulty" tire then all the other tires to see if they're slightly the same. If you see a 30 psi difference then yeah something is wrong lmao

• Thanks! :)

What Guys Said 2

• Are you a ASE certified mechanic?

• lol no, just trying to help people on the side and somethings on the side. that is not my career in school. If i do give a recommendation i won't put a stamp on it haha

• Damn rear main seal oil leak. It's a very slow leak, so I'm not too concerned, but it still sucks.

• Try and get it fixed, i know it's a little but it will add up... trust me lmao