Would you accept any form of money when hooking up with someone?

Be it they gave you gas money, or they bought you something?

I totally am only asking because this dude thinks paying for my gas to drive 45 minutes to go hook up with him is like... an acceptable thing to offer lmao

Most Helpful Guy

• Ohhh Troy, bless his little heart. He sure is trying. LOL

In the completely hypothetical situation where I was hooking up with someone, I'd react the same as you, I think. Taking the money would just feel weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• LOOOLL this guy 😂

• I knowwwww! I told him I would pass cause I'm not comfortable with the idea and he says "alright lol, I'll try again"

What theeee

• hahaha gotta catch a few duds before u get a proper one :P

• haha every time i see this i smile. thanks.

What Guys Said 22

• Well, since you asked about accepting money... yes, I most likely would. But I'm a guy, so it's a little different. I'm not so sure if I would offer to pay though. Especially since that guy doesn't even know you. He could just as well have fun in a brothel. Doesn't seem to make too much sense.

One other thing that I've noticed about your convo with this guy though is the almost pathologic overuse of "Lol". Please explain to me (seems like I'm too old for this kinda stuff)... does it even carry any meaning anymore? I thought it meant "laughing out loud" but you guys just put it literally into every single message you wrote, even if it wasn't even thaaaat funny that you'd have to laugh so much you'd love out loud. It's like "lol hello", "lol hello", "lol how are you?", "lol good and you?" "lol just fine", "lol so what have you been up to lol?" "lol not too much lol" "lol wanna come out here and have sex?" "lol maybe another time lol" I know I'm gonna sound like an old guy here but why do kids nowadays write like this? I mean... what's the point? If the lol doesn't even mean anything anymore, why write it all? I think I'd find it very annoying if I had people who wrote me that kinda text messages...

• I mostly do it so it doesn't come across that I'm being too serious. Like, I want him to know he isn't offending me... while kind of rejecting him kindly? And it feels like an "lol" takes the edge off whatever bitchy undertone he might get from my responses.

• Hmmm I see okay ;-). I think I'll stick with emojis

• Gas for ass, its common courtesy.

Yes I would. Sex AND free cash? Pinch me cause I must be dreamin'!

• Oh dear that guy has a lot to learn about life - On your question no I wouldn't - I either would want to get physical with someone or I wouldn't, nothing financial would entice me to change my mind

• I'd actually be pretty flattered if an attractive girl wanted to hookup with me so bad she was willing to pay for my gas.

• It depends on how desperate you are

• He is not paying you he is paying for your gas which is worth it to see you. If he had the means to go to where you are it would be him paying for the gas anyway so it's the same thing. If he pays for gas to drive and see you is he paying to have sex with you?

• Of course I used to pay a women for gas all the time. She was broke and needed has and I needed vagina.

• Oh gosh... I've never heard about a date paying for your gas :-(
    I could imagine he'd promise you "a nice bubbly welcome" or so but this... hum hum!
    I'd be careful, this guy wants to see you soo badly :o

• Simple if I was that guy I would drive to the girl 45 minutes and bring her to my castle
    Make her explode a dozen of times and give her a ride back too..

• Whether or not he gives you the cash or he spends it on his own gas, he's still paying money to have sex with you.

• I mean... I don't have an issue using the gas... EVENTUALLY. But I literally just friggin started talking to him and I'm sober. Sorry, quick snag hookups are probably best done inebriated. I've got my wits about me and am not comfortable, sober, meeting up with a guy just to fuck him when I don't know him like... at ALL.

Even guys in a bar reveal more about themselves than what I've gotten from this dude.

• I mean, the question at face value is in the title. I just added the image and following text as an example. And then I was explaining to you that he wouldn't be spending money on gas if I knew him.

Because I really didn't and don't expect there to be people out there who ask people they know to pay for their way just so they can fuck each other. (i. e. boyfriends and girlfriends, husbands and wives).

So I thought it would be common immediate knowledge that I was referring to a stranger or someone people don't know very well.

• Which is why I said that the context of the question is different now that you've explained that part of it, because when entering it just looked like a question about spending money on gas for sex. I've known lots of people who have bargained gas money to get their fuck buddy to drive over.

Yes, I'd accept the money. No, I don't think it was the smartest move for him to make. You're already weirded out by him and will probably choose not to take him up on his offer. Everything is as it should be.

• i think it´s a totally different thing if he wants to compensate you for your expenses you have by driving to him. he doesn´t pay you for sex, he just wants to share the kost of having you over at all.

• So does he want you to drive from Grand Valley to Holland MI. ? I only ask because I know the area. ... lol

• Grand valley? No lol I live in Grand Rapids

• I've lived here for 23.5 lol

• Nice! I had to move to the D for work but really liked living there. But to get back to the original topic, yeah driving all the way to Holland? ? No thanks, and I agree with you by him offering to pay for gas would have insulted me too.

• Shit is funny 😂

Why didn't he offer to go to you?

• Exactly 😒 like the fuck.

I woulda still turned him down because of the whole living with my parents thing but bruh seriously

• Which is fine I guess when you meet at a bar or something cause you're at least talking there beforehand.

This dude literally 3 messages after talking to me expected me to drive out to him. Nah.

• Ohhh, I thought y'all talked more than that rofl...

• Argh and I thought of paying you the flight to Luxembourg to have some fun 😒😜

No honestly I wouldn't... Either I'm interested and will do it for free or I'm not and in that case a bit of money won't change it.

• Lol my question is why are yoh on tinder when you can get any guy? 😛

• No that's still prostitution no matter how you wanna sugar coat it.

• Silly thing to say to a woman for it will always get a bad reaction.

• That's prostitution. He thinks you're a prostitute. Bail.

• Stay classy, You!

• I doubt any women would pay me for my "services", but if the opportunity arose, hell yeah.

• Why wouldn't any woman pay you for your "services"?

• @Joc4Position Well, a healthy dose of liquor always helps even if they're not. ;)

• XD hahahaha.

• ... Lol its trying too hard!!!

• Damn dude get out the sun. The fucking light.

What Girls Said 8

• No coz that would make you a hooker... have yiu never wondered where the term "hooking up" came from? Its a old day sailor term for the guys that couldnt get laid by a civilian at their last port. and had to "hookup"

Ps thank my dad for that peice of knowledge he left me witb

• That's weird. How desperate is he? Yowza.

• Hopefully that desperate dude is off your radar.

• Haha he is. I told him I was uncomfortable with the idea and he said he would try again tho

• To be honest paying for your fuel isn't exactly paying you. It's not like it's money you get to keep

• I wouldn't especially if like you've said, you barely know him

• Damn so people really do hook up on tinder? :(

• I wouldn't, and tbh it would feel like prostitution.

• Hmmm so if that is paying for sex, what about when I lived an hour away and would give my boyfriend gas money for coming to see me when I was too tired to meet halfway/drive out to see him?

• You know your boyfriend though. I would still consider it paying for sex if he wouldn't come without you offering to give him money.

My point is I wouldn't mind using the gas if I knew him, but I don't know him.

• Well if I didn't he actually wouldn't come sincelebrate he was unemployed, which is why I generally drove to see him. A half a tank of gas is a lot when you don't have a job.