Stealing. tell or no?

So someone at work yesterday got fired coz the got caught stealing at the grocery store across from our work. At the end of the day when i was about to leave and getting my things from my locker, I overheard a conversation on how the other guy got caught for stealing and how stupid he was for so long on how he did it. And then how "you need to be more carefull, or you'll get caught too" and then the guy was comparing how he steals to the guy that just got fired.

I've been put into a position here. Do I tell a supervisor what I overheard? I was the only one really in that room when they were talking, if I snitched they would probably know it was me and then everyone would know coz they are all tight and good friends. and some of them I am friends with. But i am also serious about my job and plan on becoming supervisor one day and i hate to know that one guy got fired and another guy who has also been stealing from winco has been fortunate to not get caught yet. Unless i speak up. I'm leaning towards telling, but I don't know. Should I just wait till he gets caught from the store across from us, or tell someone now?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't. Life has a way of sorting things out. The saying no one likes a tattle tale applies to adults as well. If your coworkers find out you'll be alienated. But that's just my opinion.

• I dont really care all that much if im alienated, coz i keep to myself anyway nowadays coz they are all just a load of drama drama drama. friends at work are like friends at school growing up, they're only your friends until you aren't in the same building anymore. once you "graduate" they are no longer a part of your life. So them hating me is the least of my problems.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mind your business and be quiet.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, you report this to a supervisor.

What Girls Said 3

• You should bring it up to the manager privately. Anyone stealing hurts other people.

• Don't speak up. If you're going to act then you should talk to him rather than your boss. You don't need to get him into trouble, it's not really your business. No offence ;)

• I would tell my supervisor