Confidence issues?

Growing up I was really shy and quiet, I'm now 20 and a lot more confident and outgoing, but I still have 0 self confidence. I just hate the way I look, I know I'm not fat but I feel like I am, and I just feel all together hideous. I receive quite a lot of compliments but I'm always doubtful incase they're joking. It's getting so bad that whenever I get close to someone and start falling for them I end up pushing them away because of my insecurities. I've only been in one proper relationship and it ended up with him cheating on me. I just don't feel good enough for anyone and I'm sick of feeling this way, does anyone have any advice on how I can change this?

Thank you all for your wonderful advice :)

What Guys Said 2

• You have to believe in yourself. Maybe, you need more positive attention. Next time you go out, go all out and put your best foot forward. Then, see how many guys stare.

• My best advice is always to pretend you're an actor. The role you're playing is a confident sexy woman. How would act? What would she say? What would she do?

Take a week and ACT like her.

What Girls Said 1

• What others do to you does not reflect the person that you are. You can play up your best features and people don't lie to you to say you're pretty just for the sake of it, it's because you are. Cheating was all on your ex, and there was probably a lot wrong with him and not you, you have to know your worth and strive for what you want, never settle.