Do you ever remember your dreams?

Do you ever remember your dreams? I have a tendacy to remember my dreams most nights, its almost like it actually happened. Is that weird? Does that happen to anyone else? Also have you ever died in your dreams?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I remember my dreams almost every night. Sometimes, when I feel relaxed and I can wake up naturally (without an alarm clock), I even remember more than one dream from that last night. I also have lucid dreams once in a while. However, because I'm almost blind, visuality is less important in my dreams as it is for other people. I do dream visually too but it's usually not what I remember best. For example when I have a sexual dream where I have sex with some random girl, I usually don't remember her face well after waking up. It tends to fade away quickly. However, I do remember other things such as sound (for example the sound of a voice), or touch very well. Sometimes I also remember how something smelled that I encountered in my dream.
    And yes, I occasionally die in my dreams, but it doesn't happen very often.

• That makes sense though if you are blind in real life your other senses are heightened which is why in your dream they would be too. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I do sometimes. Some of them are really weird and really stick out to me. Others, not so much. I rarely do. I have had so many times where I thought my dream was real and to wake up to reality was a cold and hard slap in the face. I don't think I've died, but I've been close to it in dreams, haha.

• Yeah i know the feeling when sometimes your dreams are better than your real life and you wish your dream was real :)

What Guys Said 13

• As a child, but not so much as I gotten older. All I remember is darkness. I can never recall dreaming about the war when my better half tells me on days where I grab my remote and held it like a 9mm while saying shit like take cover or grabbing her head or neck and pushing her down unto her pillow or bed.

No remembering your dreams isn't weird nor not recalling your dreams.

As a kid I've dreamt I was in a coffin or falling. One time I tried to watch to the very end to see if I hit the ground, right when I was about to hit the ground I wake gasping.

• oh yeah, wow sounds intense dreams!
      I just never known anyone to remember their dreams as often as i do. though its quite interesting/exciting waking up knowing the last thing i dreamt about. :)

I remember dieing last in a fire and not realising i was dead until my body was pushed out of the fire and into the ambulance.

• I usually remember snapshots, and I always feel like they mean something. Like.. I had this one a few nights ago where I was fucking about with some buddies on a pier of some sort. Then I fell in the sea, but all of a sudden the surface was frozen and I had to swim to a square hole in it. Then I remember seeing some pipes, and a rack containing blue plastic replicas of various objects and it pissed me off, like I'd just discovered some evil plot or something. Then nothing, then I remember seeing a prisoner looking through a slit in a cell door and a word beginning with 'd' followed by a 5. Like 'D**** 5'. Then I remember being on a staircase in an abandoned building and seeing some shady figures at the top, then Jar Jar Binks was there and he said 'you'sa no jedi...' to the shady figures. Then I woke up.

See, like, I feel there was a seamless storyline, I remember the dots matching up, but for the life of me I just can't work out how. I feel like it's important and relevant somehow, it seems far too detailed and conspiratorial to just be a meaningless thing.

• wow looks like you have a case on your hands, you should try and put the pieces together. :) My dreams are normally either a story or all different bits. I had a dream the other night. where i was with my brother and we got lost, so we stayed at these peoples place we had never met before.(i remember the house mostly, then after a bit it jumped to a mall where i was with my best friend and this guy came up and just randomly kissed me, which took me to a new house with people i had never met, the guy who kissed me was one, i remember the long walk up the street, from the train station. they were right at the end of a long long street and there house was behind another one. they had a wooden house on heaps of land and three dogs. then eventually my best friends brother turned up with some girl and i couldn't work out why he had come, i was just about to ask him and i woke up.

• I used to take a shit-ton of acid so I blame that. I kinda interpret it as me being trapped within my own consciousness... Like, the shit I remember is being trapped under the ice, and the prisoner, and the shady figures trapping me on the staircase...

And I just realized that the prison cell door was on the floor below. I wish I could remember the word... I feel like it's relevant.

I have dreams like this all the time, though. It's so real waking up feels like a waste, like all the emotions and shit were meaningless. Sometimes takes me a good 10 minutes to realize it was all just a dream. Fucking weird, man. :D

• Yup, living it baby... living it! lol

• Haha you are very lucky then to love your life :)

• Usually I have a vivid recollection of my dreams but for some reason I have found my dreams getting less imaginative of late maybe they will get good again hope so

• My dreams are very vivid too, like i said its almost like it happened in real life.

• Yes. I often remember dreams. I am lucid often. I dream in color. I often die.

• yeah i remember my dream till few hrs after waking up or the entire day.
    i have often died in my dream and often ended up killing othersl,,,,,

• really wow, never killed anyone in my dreams yet, touch wood that doesn't start

• it´s not weird to remember them but it´s kind of weird that it actually happened. i can often remember dreams. it only happens really rarely, that i actually have to think about if it was real or not.

• Yeah its more like the dreams are realistic enough to be real, I know its not my real life though :) Except once when i thought i was pregnant when i woke up, though it was just part of my dream

• I remember my dreams sometimes but I know they are dreams while I'm dreaming.

• No I don't remember my dreams. I wish I did though. What do I dream about? I've been told I talk in my sleep sometimes though

• I remember most of my dreams and they are all very vivid, though I can't say I've ever died in them... some of the bodies I was in have.

• Always I sometimes write down the good ones too! (sad but I like to draw them sometimes) :)

• I want to start writing my ones down too :) I couldn't draw to save myself though, so have no hope with that.

• I can still remember an amazing dream I had, you're giving me ideas xD

• What was your amazing dream about? :) Haha i am glad i am giving you the idea to write it down again :)

• I remember some, and some old dreams return sadly but no I never died in my dreams.

• oh yeah i only remember dieing once and that was in a fire, though i didn't realise i was dead until they wheeled my body out of the fire. what sort of old dreams return? are they usually the same each time? :)

• Mostly nightmares are returning, they let me suffer instead of killing ><

• oh nightmares are not the dreams you want. I have been lucky, haven't had any nightmares for ages, used to when i was young though. The only time recently i woke up a bit worried, was when i thought i was pregnant in real life. though it was only a dream, thank goodness.

• Yeah but most of my dreams is scary

What Girls Said 9

• Not too often. Now and then. I've noticed that I mostly remember them when I don't have to wake up from an alarm clock, but rather when I wake up naturally.

• oh yeah, see it doesn't make much difference to me how i wake up, i still mostly remember my dreams. I have thought about starting to write my dreams in a book, so that i can go back and read all the dreams i have had :)

• Yeah, I just wrote diwn everything I remembered.

• Usually I do, and I want to get in the habit of writing them, because when I text someone about them, it sounds so strange but at the time makes perfect sense.

• haha i know that feeling. I really need to start writing them down as well :) I have a book ready for it, just need to make the time for it :)

• Sometimes.

The other night I was falling asleep in my dream right as my alarm in real life went off and it was super fuckin disorienting

• Um usually I do remember them.

And yeah, I've died many times in my dreams.

:\

• Yay finally someone who remembers there dreams as well :)

• Sometimes I do remember them. And yes, i've died in my dreams many times and I also have been chased by chucky xD

• hahaha... gotta mention the Good Guys.

• Asker- actually, It was a really funny dream xD

• oh yeah, do you still remember it? :)

• I remember mine very vividly. I have nightmares every single night. Have for years now

• Oh thats no good, nightmares aren't much fun :/

• I hardly ever remember my dreams

• Sometimes , today I actually had a dream that there was a zombie apocalypse. ..

• I don't dream really often but when i do when i wake up i don't realize it was a dream😪