Girl power= make-up power?

How true would you say this statement is?

• its true
  • somewhat true
  • potato

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree. A girl without makeup that still looks beautiful, has way more power. To me, a girl that only looks attractive with makeup, has no power, it's the makeup that has power.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I highly disagree. Some women are beautiful without make-up which is why I don't understand why they're so dependant on it. What ever happens to natural beauty?

Now for the women that are average or "ugly" and look 10x better with it. The girl isn't the one with the power the makeup is because as soon as she washes it off or while wearing it she'll still look the same underneath.

To me when wearing make-up you're only cheating yourself as well as the people that find you attractive. Accept yourself as you are because who you're looking at in the mirror isn't going to change (besides plastic surgery).

• Yeah, it is sometimes weird to me too when I see women who look so good without makeup feel so insecure and like they have to keep doing it to be considered beautiful. I understand when they do it because they enjoy it and it's their style though. I guess pressures get the best of us. Still, I'm like shit, stop making your already clear skin look flawless and leave the foundation for those of us who have acne scars and discoloration.

What Guys Said 4

• I always prefer all natural

• I really hope I don't end up dating somebody and become stunned by what I see once the makeup comes off 😂lol

• It is what it is. Women have taken it way too far. So since women can 'makeup' a face that isn't there, I 'makeup' my financial worth. When the makeup comes off after sex, so too does my financial value and then she feels deceived. "But you lied". Yup. Sucks don't it.

• Nah, guys want girls who can look good without it

What Girls Said 5

• Makeup is both power and a burden honestly. If all girls do it, the girl who doesn't will be at a disadvantage. Makeup increases societal ideals and expectation. Good makeup looks good, bottom line. At the same time, makeup can help enhance or fix flaws that one can do very little about such as under eye dark circles, acne scars, and naturally fuller faces and that gives a girl the power of confidence and may make more men give her a chance.

• I don't understand why you linked this video. I watched it, I know why she did that video and nowhere did she ever even implied the idea that girl power = make-up power.

As for your statement, I see it couldn't be more wrong.

• she made the video to show how powerful make up is a transformation tool for a girl

• yes, it's a tool and it's fun. Also, she is openly for men using makeup. So it can be a tool for men and women. I still don't see the link you see between this and girl power.

• I say this all the time, but you cannot go from being super ugly to the hottest girl on the planet with some cake on your face. At the end of the day, you need a pretty canvas to be pretty with any Makeup on. If you are ugly to start with, u will just look more decent with makeup on. If you are attractive to start with, your attractiveness will be highlighted and brought out.

• Ey ey makeup artists
    Make my face like that please?
    Tired of looking like a potato

• I think it would be better to say girls power=make up powder