What's the best way you calm down/relax?

For me it's when I light all the candles in my room and sit in the center of my bed and just meditate for however long I want too! Sometimes snowboarding on a deserted mountain just clears my mind! Or it's when I go to a bar with some friends to watch a game and hook up with a guy! How about you guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love to play my guitar and sing to it. It relaxes me a lot and almost puts me into a different world. By concentrating on my guitar, the sound and my singing, I manage to push everything else out of myself and completely forget about things around me. It's a very nice feeling.
    Another thing that helps me a lot is to go for a long walk. In fact, just yesterday I went for a long, 3-hour walk with my girlfriend around a lake. There were only few other people and so it was mostly just us and the snowy landscape. It gave us tons of time to talk about all kinds of things but also to just quietly walk next to each other and enjoy the silence and the feeling of love despite no words being spoken.

Most Helpful Girl

• Listening to music, singing, reading, talking to friends, watching a funny movie or TV show, drawing, or going for a drive cam help me.

What Guys Said 13

• Wudu then praying and reading the Qur'an.

Wudu (just in case you don't know) is basically the way that Muslims wash specific parts of their body before praying.

Like so

http://www.qurango.com/images/wudu.gif

• A run - I find it is good for getting your thoughts in order - On the social side playing a five a side soccer match with my friends - Going for a weekend away with friends - It has been so long since a hook up, I can't remember if it is relaxing or not LoL.

• Wow, i was just about to write about meditation. I wrote a take on it once. Meditation is the single best thing i have done in my life. It has helped me through the most trying times of my life. I often do a breathing exercise with the meditation and it really helps to focus the mind and concentrate.

• Some of the things lately:

Went for a deep tissue massage in a nice candlelit room with soft music;
    Go kayaking out on the waves.
    Just the other day I laid down in the snow in the forest and listened to the birds singing and the water flowing in the stream... So relaxing!

• Strange... for some reason I immediately thought while reading your answer "this guy must be from Canada" aaaand sure enough! :-). You must have a lot of beautiful nature to calm you down :-).

• Woah sounds so beautiful! Thanks for the suggestion!

• @BlueCoyote no problem. I do enjoy my backcountry excursions.

• Go to a quiet place and sit for awhile then turn on the tv with something that is a mystery type thing

• Working out, reading books, writing books/poetry, and playing videogames.

That's what works best for me.

• Masturbate.

• Pour a nice tall glass of whiskey. Or go to the bar. To bad I never seen you at one Allie 😉

• Slamming back a few of these after a hard days work. http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/drsoda_2271_590275561

• Meditate at the beach; or take a road trip to get some fresh clean air. Forgot to add writing and reading as well

• Fire up my Mustang and go for a cruise. Or go fishing.

• Sex, or if I'm angry, destroying something.

• Put on Enya, and either deep breathe or mediate, failing that, some comedy

What Girls Said 3

• for me its turning on fur elise by beethoven and writing a horror story

• dancing and hiking are my favourites :)

• I usually just go for a run or take a long shower