What is with this irony of who white guys choose to date?

This is something that I see a lot on this site.

If a white guy says he's attracted to black, Asian or hispanic women then people say he has a 'fetish'.

And if a white guy says he's only attracted to white women then (usually the same people) people will say he is racist.

What is with this irony?

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually when people say things like that about interracial dating it's out of jealousy anyway. Like with us hispanics, if we have a preference for white guys we are "racist." If a black woman has a preference for white men then she's a "sell-out."

It's just jealousy, really. People who don't mind it won't say anything.

• I agree, jealousy and bitterness is the reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• Both is really silly. Just because you're only into white people doesn't mean you're racist. It just means you like caucasian girls. And in the same way, it doesn't mean you've got a "fetish" if you're into other ethnicities. For example, I'm mostly into Asian girls. That doesn't mean I have an Asian fetish or something like that. I just means I'm into the Asian-girl look. Some people on this site are just a bit too judgmental or at least too fast in judging people.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it's ironic. More like irrational.

Clearly there are white men who like those women for those reasons, but plenty of them don't.

I chalk up such a baseless thought by concluding that the individual is ignorant/illogical. I seem to be right on the money most of the time.

• It's just a bunch of meaningless opinions that at the end of the day don't mean diddly squat! people will do what they want regardless of what others think or say.

What Guys Said 2

• You have the right to associate with whomever you choose. PERIOD. You needn't explain why you're attracted to a particular person because usually it's just confabulation anyway.

People are too quick to drag race or sexual fetish into the issue.

• Because everything white people do is suspect in the eyes of minorities and social justice warriors. It's all bullshit. Just do your own thing and don't worry about it.

• I'd pick this as MHO if you answered earlier.