Will humans ever invent time travel?

A bit bored. Just something to make you think for a second, if that. I hope you enjoy :)
Will humans ever invent time travel?Thanks for answering by the way :D

• Yes, humans will invent it and use it more than once
  • No, we will go extinct before inventing time travel
  • Yes, we will invent it but never use it
  • Yes, we will invent it, use it once, then never use it again/destroy it- too dangerous
  • Other
  • Give me the goddamn results!

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean in theory if you were on a very distant planet galaxies away, got on a tricycle and started moving back or forward, got a magical telescope and looked at earth and we assume that your magical telescope let you see things in actual real time at any distance, you could watch your grandparents being born or why not attend your grand-grand-grand-grand-grand children's fifth body swap to live longer. Or whatever the case will be then.

So it depends on how you want to view time. Technically time travel already exists and can already be used. Just not to a scope where it matters.

• You would need to travel from Earth to the distant galaxy. Theoretically, travel through space cannot exceed the speed of light. When you get to the distant galaxy, you would not see events on Earth as they were happening because the light from earth would also travel at 186,000 miles per second.

• @OlderAndWiser Aye aye, it is all in theory of course. I even included magical telescopes for this - I knew about that one you see ;) - in it to make it work. It is still entirely true according to every law of physics we know.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe, I guess it might be possible, in about 1000 years or so...

• No. That is humanly impossible. Besides lots of history will be erased and thats just not how life works.

• I believe it might be possible in the future. I just don't see it happening in my life time.

What Guys Said 18

• we already have, the only problem right now is that I'm fucking stuck here in this primitive time zone with no way of going back because super capacitors blew up the integrated circuits that links to the bio-warp mechanism feedback rift when I first fucking warped in.. GOD DAMIT!

• There are three ways to know whether man will ever develop time travel.

1. Use a crystal ball. This is fiction.
    2. Travel forward in time to see if time travel will be developed. This, of course, would require that WE develop time travel.
    3. Look for evidence that someone from the future has traveled through time to visit us. There are videos on YouTube that purport to show evidence of time travel but they are laughable.

• If we ever did then the future humans would have visited already, it's impossible to go back but forward is possible in theory but then your stuck there

• tough concept. If time were truly connected and time travel were possible, we would have known about it already.

• If we did you'd never know about it because just knowing it exists would already change the future from what it would have been if no one knew about it.

• OTHER... It will never happen. The future, nor the past exists, only the present to which we are living in now.

• i believe in time tavel, but only into the future and not into the past. i think it is not possible to travel in the same universe in the past (parallel universe theory) there are too many paradoxes. however traveling into the future was already done, only like 2 seconds i think, but it was done already. a man orbited around the earth with high speed, he had a atomic clock with him. after a few days (or hours?) the clock would show the wrong time. 2 seconds in difference

• There is no evidence in the past of time travel, as the one precludes the other, then we must assume without any other evidence that it is just a pipe dream.

• No because as it in the entropy. You cannot go backwards, there is only one way and even that, future is not set.

• I don't think fully functional time travel will ever result.
    However, perhaps one way travel into the future is more likely.

• Technically we could already go forward in time, thanks to "time dilation".

If humanity gets more time to advance in technology and sciences then perhaps we could achieve time travel somehow.

• No. Because if we ever did then we'd already have done it.

• Technically it's already INVENTED

• Maybe in the sense of traveling to another dimension but time travel in our own, no.

• If they do, I hope it's only a couple of minutes, so we can have real life undo buttons!!! lol

• Its just not possible I doubt it.

• Voted "Other". Time travel seems to be a physical impossibility with a machine or whatever. If you could orbit a black hole without being sucked in, that might work, but only to go forward. I don't believe we can go back.

• Forward time travel yes reverse time travel no