My boyfriend is doing drugs. What do I do?

I've known my boyfriend for about 3-4 years & just started recently started dating. I knew he smoked which never bothered me. But I recently found out he's been popping pills & doing coke , when he told me when we first started dating that he will never touch coke. Also , he had tried to force me & a friend to pop pills ( which we didn't do & we left the situation) . He also told me today that he isn't gonna stop doing coke just like that. I love him. But I don't know what to do. Should I tell him it's either the drugs or me?

Also , there is a chance I may be pregnant with his child. (Btw I'm 19)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Yes please. If he is unwilling to help himself then yes and stand firm by your decision. That is a horrible hurtful road to go down with someone that you love.

What Guys Said 8

• At first, I was thinking: try to help him to understand what the hell is he doing and get him out. but when I read this:
    "... he told me when we first started dating that he will never touch coke"

I figured out it is a lost cause, this is one of the cases when a person needs to hit rock bottom in order to leave drugs. You should dump him and get him out of your life, before ruining his life isn't enough and he starts ruining the lives of people around him.

I judge people who does drugs in three categories:
    1. Casual users
    2. More than casual users, these people have an early stage addiction and are able to understand reason.
    3. Total drug-addicts, they rarely leave it.

I don't even socialize with people who are in number 2 and 3, and I NEVER do socialize with someone who tries to get anyone else into doing drugs. That is probably one of the most destructive types of behavior I've ever seen, just think about it, but seriously, think: your boyfriend tried to get you into doing drugs, he has even extra negative points for trying to FORCE you into it.

• I'd leave him. It sounds like his drug use is increasing, not decreasing. If he's trying to force you to do drugs, that's a clear sign to get away asap. Coke is very addictive also. It's the kind of drug that as soon as you do it, you immediately want more. It's like however much you did isn't enough. Is he snorting it or shooting it? If he's shooting he might not tell you.

I'd leave him. Tell him the reason, then just leave.

• I know for a fact that he is snorting.

• Well there is no point giving him the option, I think he will choose drugs only, so you should consider breaking up with him.

• He'll choose the drugs. Just leave and don't look back

• Yep
    You should give him a choice
    Either you or drugs
    If he'll choose you then he truly loves you if he doesn't then you know...

• Should I tell him it's either the drugs or me?

-That's sort of an understatement... I'm surprised you haven't called the police on him or something.

• coke is a little rough, but weed is okay in my opinion

• Well if he's addicted, he's obviously not getting attention or feeling a sense of security somewhere in life. Just help him find what it is and it should help tremendously

What Girls Said 7

• Ultimatums don't work. If he chooses you over the drugs, he'll just keep doing them behind your back and lie about it. Plus he has already shown many red flags. Such as trying to force you and your friend to also start doing drugs. And the fact that he specifically told you in the beginning that he wouldn't start, but look where he is now. He's not trustworthy. He'll constantly change his mind about things and will probably not stop trying to get you to join him.

• You can give him an ultimatum, but I think we both know what his answer will be. His drug use is increasing - even if he says he's going to quit for you, he probably won't. Leave him.

• You should say that this relationship can't go on with him using drugs and that's why you want to break up.
    Then you break up, never look back and date someone who doesn't even smoke. From what I've seen, guys who smoke and maybe drink in puberty are very vunerable to group pressure and might do other things as well.

• You should do that. I've seen up close and personal what drugs do to normal, sane people, and it's not pretty.

• I've seen & been around it all my life. Lost people I love because of it. I don't wanna have to deal with it in my relationship. You're 100% right.

• Walk away, he is toxic and will never change.

• He'll choose drugs

• I have been in the same situation as u and all I can say is that u need to get out of there u can do better trust me so yes tell him its u or the drugs good luck